Problem Postfix cannot recive from smarthost emails

General eFa discussion
sawassoft

Problem Postfix cannot recive from smarthost emails

Post by sawassoft »

Please chceck attachment to check network Diagram

iam going To my cloud server what installed with Efa-project , >> then i added Smarthost in outbound Smarthost my company email A Record
mail.mycompany.com and its well linked to dns

but when i tring to send message from my exchange server inside my company , and then arrive to Cloud Efa project server

this error message

Code: Select all

postfix/smtpd[5622]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[51.235.10.143]: 554 5.7.1 <hiyeha4739@gearstag.com>: Relay access denied;
look the ip 51.235.10.143 look its unknown so that reason i think not accept it even if i already insert it in smarthost ! ,

iam sure in dns there are record [ A ] for this ip 51.235.10.143 linked to mail.mycompany.com so why postfix fail to resolve it ???
Attachments
s.png
s.png (13.73 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
toddh

Re: Problem Postfix cannot recive from smarthost emails

Post by toddh »

We use EFA as an inbound mail filter, so I am not familiar with it's configuration as a smarthost. That said we have used smarthosts before.

Have you configured EFA to relay email for your authorized domain. By default EFA processes email only for authorized domains.
amaclach

Re: Problem Postfix cannot recive from smarthost emails

Post by amaclach »

you need to add the sending server to mynetworks in postfix main.cf, however I believe that it only accepts IP addresses, not hostnames, so you might need to write a script that updates the mynetworks section every time it detects a change in IP address for your host.
http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURA ... relay_from

The other option is to enable smtp authentication and allow relay from all authenticated clients.
See the part of the document linked above "This is explained in the SASL_README and TLS_README documents".