DNS Resolution error in v4

Bugs in eFa 4
toddh

DNS Resolution error in v4

Post by toddh »

So I kind of broke my eFa. Not bad and it is currently working but i would like to fix this in case it causes other issue I don't know about yet. :D

A little background. I have EFA 4.0.4 on Centos 7.9. I've had a problem since the original install of v4 that DNS was not working. Specifically when I use any internal DNS servers on my network DNS queries failed. To get around this I've been using an external Google server. This of course caused problems with some of the blacklists tests failing.

Running a DIG would return DNS results using my internal servers, but EFA would not resolve DNS queries. Also DNS recursion was not working.

I was able to fix DNS resolution over the weekend however now I am getting the following error in the web interface on OLDER emails( emails in the quarantine prior to when I made the DNS changes. Newer emails can be viewed without a problem.
XML-RPC Error: Didn't receive 200 OK from remote server. (HTTP/1.1 302 Found)

Doing some research it looks like it has to do with naming of the server.

fyi to fix the EFA DNS resolution I changed the DNS servers in Webmin, Network > Hostname and DNS cleint. It was set to 127.0.0.1 and I modified it to our internal DNS servers. After this change DNS is resolving in EFA however whenever I attempt to access any email in the EFA web interface prior to the change I get the above error.

Help is appreciated.

Todd
shawniverson

Re: DNS Resolution error in v4

Post by shawniverson »

Sorry for the delay, I missed this one.

Are you able to set the dns using eFa-Configure for forwarding internally instead and leave resolv.conf pointing to 127.0.0.1 (unbound)? Is unbound running?