Whitelist email addresses added when marked by blacklist.

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
dangsite

Whitelist email addresses added when marked by blacklist.

Post by dangsite »

In a few days my whitelist email address is going by dozens - 40 to 60.

Many of the sending domain are TLDs using CASA, GURU, TOP TODAY US and many others. While I am trying not to block up address, I was hoping to configure EFA to not accept email from those domain.

I have blacklist many of the sending domain but these spamming sites have numerous names.

Can a whole TLD be blocked?

I have attempted other pattern matching such as #-#-#-#-<email address username>.

I am seeing items marked “spam blacklist” but sender’s email address is added to the whitelist email address.

Is this the correct behavior (latest version) for the whitelist functionality?

Thank you in advance.
dangsite

Re: Whitelist email addresses added when marked by blacklist.

Post by dangsite »

Thank you for the web link. :D

My inquiry was to understand more on whitelist logic and how to configure the function to not have each mail received to be automatically added to the whitelist. I am deleting the entries manually via the web ui; 30 to 50 entries are deleted.

For the most part, EFA is doing its job making these emails as spam. All the mailboxes are not going to see the messages as there are rules using sieve. My concern is seeing every received email sender’s domain added to whitelist.

The reason I am not “out right blocking” via a firewall rule or postfix rejecting rules is to allow the mail servers collect the domain and sender’s ip addresses to share with a number of spam blocking DNS sites.