Outgoing Mail

General eFa discussion
itian

Outgoing Mail

Post by itian »

Hi,

Just deployed my first EFA Server and so far so good, however I am trying to route my mail on the OUTGOING.

I am using Exchange 2013 - where in exchange do I tell the mail to go via EFA Server?
Zwabber

Re: Outgoing Mail

Post by Zwabber »

Mail Flow, Send connectors
itian

Post by itian »

Okay, so I was in the correct place already but where within the Send Connector so I put in the EFA Server IP? Route mail through smart hosts?
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

Yes
itian

Post by itian »

That's strange, I inputted the EFA IP Address and went into EFA console and added in the IP Addresses of the mail servers but I then cant send mails
stuarthurst

Post by stuarthurst »

you need to configure the send connector - a username and password will be required to authenticate with the EFA appliance. (I think - or at least, that's what I needed to do to get it to accept email from my exchange server)
fencepost

Post by fencepost »

You can add the IP of your mail server(s) to the list of servers allowed to relay email through EFA. That's done through the options on SSH, under Mail Settings, then Outbound Mail Relay, then specify the list of IPs or IP/mask, separated by spaces.

Note that when you go to edit this line you'll need to re-enter the existing values - editing wipes them out..

I've found it useful to add a few specific devices to this list, most notably copiers with a return address that doesn't actually exist. That lets me send unauthenticated outbound email from those specific devices.
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

fencepost wrote: 28 Mar 2018 18:55 You can add the IP of your mail server(s) to the list of servers allowed to relay email through EFA. That's done through the options on SSH, under Mail Settings, then Outbound Mail Relay, then specify the list of IPs or IP/mask, separated by spaces.

Note that when you go to edit this line you'll need to re-enter the existing values - editing wipes them out..

I've found it useful to add a few specific devices to this list, most notably copiers with a return address that doesn't actually exist. That lets me send unauthenticated outbound email from those specific devices.
i am not trying to hijack the post.
i am having a sumilar

under Mail Settings, then Outbound Mail Relay i have the IP of the EFA there.
the mail server is using the EFA IP as it smarthost as well.
internl application like backup ect... cannot relay to send emails out.
mail server is sending emails out but they are coming from the mail server and not the efa.

is this a relay issue ?
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!
bronskifler

Post by bronskifler »

Hi,

Just deployed my first EFA Server and so far so good, however I am trying to route my mail on the OUTGOING.

I am using zimbra - where in zimbra do I tell the mail to go via EFA Server?
budy

Post by budy »

Hi,

take a look at Configure -> Global Settings -> MTA
There, you can set the Relay MTA.

Cheers,
budy
jkissane

Post by jkissane »

We're using efa for outgoing email also which is working fine but my boss asked me to check if there was a way to turn disable the spam checking in this case? Although personally I'm not sure why you might want to :?:

Actually just realised we could presumably just whitelist our own domain & that would do the trick.