option 14 to upgrade

Request and discuss new features you would like to have.
SharazJek

option 14 to upgrade

Post by SharazJek »

i would like to suggest that option 14 give a pause to to confirm yes or no for upgrade after showing the target version.

case in point, the other night i sat down to upgrade to a known version my other instances were running (i was intending to upgrade to 3.0.14, this was my last 3.0.11), and upon hitting option 14 it confirmed that 3.0.1.5 was available the upgrade started right away.

not that im not going to 3.0.1.5... but for any other software i would have clicked NO, gone to read the release notes, then come back and redo the operation after i am sure thats what i want to do.
Last edited by SharazJek on 23 Sep 2016 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
SeanP

Re: option 14 to upgrade

Post by SeanP »

I would like to see this as well. This would give the ability to "check" to see if an update is available. You would then have the option to apply it, or wait to apply it at a later time.
henk

Post by henk »

Hi there,

what about using: /usr/local/sbin/EFA-Update -check from shell?

Code: Select all

[root@sansspam log]# /usr/local/sbin/EFA-Update -check
[EFA] Getting latest version number from http://dl.efa-project.org
[EFA] You are already running version EFA-3.0.1.5, no update needed
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
SharazJek

Post by SharazJek »

im aware of that command, but not everyone uses the shell. supposed an admin thats not familiar with linux shell and syntax? the menu would do better to reflect the behavior of EFA-Update -check and EFA-Update -update.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »