Notice Regarding 3.0.1.2+ Updates and AV

Report bugs and workarounds
shawniverson

Notice Regarding 3.0.1.2+ Updates and AV

Post by shawniverson »

Starting with update 3.0.1.2, MailScanner has undergone a major upgrade to v5.

One of the changes includes the introduction of a new group called "mtagroup."

You may see MailScanner failing to scan emails as a result of the upgrade or a scanning loop occurring.

If you are running any 3rd party antivirus scanners, please be sure to add the users to the mtagroup:

Code: Select all

sudo usermod someavaccount -G mtagroup
An AV daemon restart and/or a reboot may be needed for the change to take effect.

Hope this helps :D
bikertrash

Re: Notice Regarding 3.0.1.2+ Updates and AV

Post by bikertrash »

I'm going to have to really dig into this a bit. Took the action above... but something is still very wrong. Incoming mail seems to go as it should... but then it gets put back into the Postfix queue and just sits there. Never makes it out for delivery now...
"If it ain't broke, it needs a lot more fix'n."
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

bikertrash wrote:I'm going to have to really dig into this a bit. Took the action above... but something is still very wrong. Incoming mail seems to go as it should... but then it gets put back into the Postfix queue and just sits there. Never makes it out for delivery now...
If you remove the extra virus scanner(s) from MailScanner and restart MailScanner, does the mail flow properly? Might narrow down the issue a bit.
bikertrash

Post by bikertrash »

I did try that as I had seen a similar suggestion in another thread but alas, no joy. However... (and I say this with great delight)... there was another update this morning when I checked and >POOF!< fixed the problem immediate.

Saying that I do not like Spam is an understatement to say the least. So words cannot express how much I love this system since I came across it over a year ago. :dance: Bless you all!
"If it ain't broke, it needs a lot more fix'n."