Shared rules among multiple instances

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
csum77

Shared rules among multiple instances

Post by csum77 »

Happy New Year!

Firstly, a big thanks to all the contributors & maintainers of this project. I love it, and hope to be able to make some contributions to it as well.

I've got a few questions I'll be posting...this is one of the first.

Can the rules library (not sure if that's what E.F.A. calls it) be duplicated/distributed/shared/updated across multiple instances?

In other words, I'd like to have a few EFA VMs set up, but I want them to all work from the same ruleset, so if a users whitelists/blacklists/etc. an email that "rule" (along with all the others the system contains) would replicate across multiple instances. I don't just want them all sharing a centralized database/rules engine, because I am seeking redundancy & wouldn't want the rules not being applied if one central "rules server" went down.

I haven't found anything on this specifically in the forums, but if I've missed something please forgive me and direct me to it. Otherwise, I'd love to hear feedback on how those learned rules/settings are stored, and how that could be replicated & synced across multiple instances.

Thanks!

-Charlie