SPF Not working

Bugs in eFa 4
alexmateescu

SPF Not working

Post by alexmateescu »

hi all. i have noticed that even though i have the SPF record setup properly for hard fail the spoofed emails still manage to get through.

anything i can do to stop this?
smyers119

Re: SPF Not working

Post by smyers119 »

Detail's are your friend. I would recommend posting your dns txt record that you have for spf. And posting a example of where you think spf is not working correctly.
alexmateescu

Post by alexmateescu »

hi

please see below
the ip address is an actual ip address but i masked it

The TXT records found for your domain are:
v=spf1 ip4:154.*.*.* include:spf.protection.outlook.com a:mail-eopbgr40110.outbound.protection.outlook.com -all

also attached screenshot with the email headers
Attachments
spf record.jpg
spf record.jpg (183.79 KiB) Viewed 12021 times
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

I completely understand the need to sanitize, but it's hard for me to follow along with it that way. I don't expect you to trust me, but maybe talk to one of the moderators, and have them look at the unsanitized version so they can help further.

From what I can tell though is spf=none, which is same as accept. So maybe you don't have the txt record in the right place? Should be under the primary domain
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

i am wondering why are you using office 365 spf record to send out using your EFA?
please provide more details if you need support.

wihtout info/details/screenshot we wont be able to help.

SPF records /IP are published ips which means you dont have to mask them, everyone on the internet can find them.
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!