How can I send from EFA to office365 while EFA hosted on Azure?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
zacmussatt

How can I send from EFA to office365 while EFA hosted on Azure?

Post by zacmussatt »

Hi friends! I am exploring using Azure as my host for EFA, so that I can get my mail 100% out of on-premises. Azure has blocked outbound connections using port 25. I can request that it be unblocked, though I thought I might try to play their game and set it up without using that port.
SO. My root problem is that I cannot send from EFA using the connector that I have already configured:
Esentially in /etc/postfix/transport:

Code: Select all

mydomain.com smtp [mydomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com]
I've tried a few lame ideas that have not worked out. For giggles, I tried using port 587, just by adding :587 at the name of the domain. This does cause post fix to try to use that port, but it doesn't work, it basically says that it's unauthenticated (I believe).

I have tried a relayhost, however for the mail that is flowing into efa it always uses the transport settings.

I tried commenting out the domain in the transport file... and of coarse my efa rejected the inbound mail.

AT THIS TIME I am not looking to relay my outbound mail through efa, I'm only looking to scan and forward on my inbound mail, so all that mail will always take the same path.
henk

Re: How can I send from EFA to office365 while EFA hosted on Azure?

Post by henk »

Do you need to authenticate, with user and pwd?
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams