EFA 4 on VPS

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
tochiwa

EFA 4 on VPS

Post by tochiwa »

Hello Everyone!
This is my first topic in this forum so please forgive me if I make any mistake. Unfortunately I am a newbie with EFA but this doesn't mean that I don't want to learn and make tests.
My question is: is it possible to install EFA in a VPS and configure it to work with an Exchange server?
Let me better explain my request:
I have installed a local exchange server at my home, but I can't use it to send mails directly, because my ISP can't change rDNS of my public IP address, so I thought to install EFA on a VPS and use it for inbound and outbound. This is my idea:

My home Exchange server (my public ip address)<=====>(VPS public IP)EFA server<====>Internet

Is it possible to configure EFA for this job? If yes, how should I configure postfix?
Thank you all in advance.
P.S. Sorry for my english
shawniverson

Re: EFA 4 on VPS

Post by shawniverson »

Yes, it certainly is.

Most of the configuration you need to do is already done. Follow the prompts during initial setup.

You will want to add your Exchange to the outbound mail relay setting of eFa after you get it going, if you plan to send email outbound via eFa.

Need any additional pointers, just reply :D
tochiwa

Post by tochiwa »

Hi shawniverson,
thank you very much for your reply. After reinstalling Centos 7 and efa packages for the 10th time, maybe I somehow managed to do it. After the fresh install I had different errors caused by milter:
milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from ***[***]: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later,
and
warning: connect to Milter service inet:127.0.0.1:8891: Connection refused
postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: milter-reject: CONNECT from xx.xx.xx.xx 451 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later.
After searching on different forums why it happens and how to resolve, I managed somehow to make it work by commenting the lines
smtpd_milters=
non_smtpd_milters=
in /etc/postfix/main.cf, then reboot.
I don't know what is the purpose of this milter service. Hope it wouldn't affect the mail flow :D
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

This will affect mailflow. No spam filtering will occur. You need to have the mailscanner milter active.
tochiwa

Post by tochiwa »

shawniverson wrote: 13 Jan 2020 23:12 This will affect mailflow. No spam filtering will occur. You need to have the mailscanner milter active.
Ok, so I figured out how to resolve the problem with milter errors specified in this thread.
All you have to do is just comment the lines:
smtpd_milters=
non_smtpd_milters=
and reboot.
The lines will be recreated and everything will work flawlessly. Spam filtering is going to work and Mailscanner milter won't give errors.
Thanks to everyone for helping me.