Quarantine Reports for non-added users?

Bugs in eFa 4
netris

Quarantine Reports for non-added users?

Post by netris »

Hello, I have a somewhat odd setup that I am looking to see if there is a possibility to generate the daily Quarantine reports for.

I am a habitual user of the "+" aliased emails. (IE user+efa@domain.com when signing up for the efa boards, or user+spam@domain.com for spam likely sites)

I currently haven't added any users (and hence have no daily reports) because I don't want EFA to start blocking everything that isn't user@domain.com. (Not sure if it would do that by default, just didn't want to risk it)

Is there a way to send the daily reports to any email address that the system sees, or some way to add users so that they will get reports for the emails of user+<anything>@domain.com?
I see a "User Filters" section under filters for my admin user, but not sure if this is what I'm looking for or what it does.

I greatly appreciate any help in advance.
shawniverson

Re: Quarantine Reports for non-added users?

Post by shawniverson »

+ addressing needs support in MailWatch. I will open a case with them and see if we can tackle this.
netris

Post by netris »

Thanks, so I assume that means there also isn't a way to send reports to any address the system sees that get's spam?

Also I found a bug in the UI... I was playing around with the user filters to see if I could accomplish what I was asking with that (which I cannot) and found that you cannot remove user filters once added. I also tried de-activating them, couldn't do that either. The only way to remove the filter was to delete the entire user and re-add. Also when using filters, you get a separate Quarantine report for each filter, it's not combined into one report.

Thanks for your help!
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

netris wrote: 09 Jun 2019 14:37 Thanks, so I assume that means there also isn't a way to send reports to any address the system sees that get's spam?
It is something I am working toward. The problem is that we need recipient address verification or some form of check for this to work reliably. Otherwise, bogus user accounts and/or reports will be generated. I'd like a generic way to do this, perhaps by sending a opt-in to reports email initially to potential recipients on the local domains.
netris

Post by netris »

shawniverson wrote: 13 Jun 2019 09:03 It is something I am working toward. The problem is that we need recipient address verification or some form of check for this to work reliably. Otherwise, bogus user accounts and/or reports will be generated. I'd like a generic way to do this, perhaps by sending a opt-in to reports email initially to potential recipients on the local domains.
That sounds like an AMAZING idea to me!
ItemsGmbH

Post by ItemsGmbH »

Hi there
Any progress here
It really sounds like an amazing feature