How Can I resend Emails

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
andyitc

How Can I resend Emails

Post by andyitc »

Hi I have a customer who has got a corrupted Exchange server after an extended power outage and we have had to restore from a backup. As a result of this about 8 hours emails have been lost. However these emails are on the EFA which is in front of the Exchange server. I can of course get these emails back if I manually go into everyone and select resend but there are several hundred of these so I do not fancy doing this. Is there a way on the EFA of selecting emails between certain times and resending them. I have had similar issues with a similar server and was able to find the mails as files and to put them in a different directory which caused them to be respooled to the Exchange Server

TIA

Andy
shawniverson

Re: How Can I resend Emails

Post by shawniverson »

In the GUI, it'll probably be a real pain.

However, we may be able to run a query against the maillog database and release all emails between a certain time range.

Would this work?
andyitc

Post by andyitc »

that sounds just what I need
mberetta

Post by mberetta »

Hello, did someone solved this issue?

I have the same problem and I'd like to have some help.

TY
Marco Beretta
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Someone did this, but I can't remember which post it was, might have to do some digging in the forums when I have a little time...
bkdezalia

Post by bkdezalia »

Never got an answer to this, wondering if it's possible to resend a time frame of emails and where the retention setting is?