EFA-Configure splash and /etc/EFA-Configure different values

Report bugs and workarounds
sebastian.savard

EFA-Configure splash and /etc/EFA-Configure different values

Post by sebastian.savard »

Good afternoon,

I'm working on upgrading Exchange versions and am verifying our EFA settings as part of my planning stage. When I look at /etc/EFA-Configure, I see "MAILSERVER: x.x.x.1", but when using the splash screen, selecting Mail Settings(8) then Transport Settings(4), I see our domain listed with the IP x.x.x.2. The problem here is that /etc/EFA-Configure IP is very old, from our last Exchange upgrade. The one listed in the splash screen is our current IP address. Am I simply misunderstanding this, or have I found a bug? We're running version 3.0.2.6.

Thank you, and let me know if you need additional info!

Sebastian
henk

Re: EFA-Configure splash and /etc/EFA-Configure different values

Post by henk »

Hi Sebastian,

As I try to understand what you mean. With /etc/EFA-Configure you mean /etc/EFA-Config, as you are using 3.0.2.6.
As the actual values used are in /etc/postfix, somebody :shifty: could have changed the postfix files.( not using the efa config menu)
(just a wild quess as i've got no other explanation)
Just take a look at

Code: Select all

/etc/postfix/transport
To see the non default postfix values just run:

Code: Select all

postconf -n
Where /etc/postfix/main.cf is the main config file.
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
sebastian.savard

Re: EFA-Configure splash and /etc/EFA-Configure different values

Post by sebastian.savard »

Thanks, henk. I definitely see your logic, but it doesn't appear the splash screen has any way to update the MAILSERVER value in /etc/EFA-Config. I'm reviewing the functions in /var/EFA/lib/EFA-Configure, and I don't see any of the functions updating MAILSERVER in /etc/EFA-Config. It's populating and updating through /etc/postfix/transport. I'm beginning to think MAILSERVER in /etc/EFA-Config may be old and not used anymore? We have done a few in-place upgrades, though I don't recall what version we started using EFA on.

I appreciate your time!

Sebastian