v4 Beta Login & User problems

Bugs in eFa 4
fastbone

v4 Beta Login & User problems

Post by fastbone »

When you setup the v4 beta with kstesting, after the first boot/login script asks for username and password for web/console access. Both inputs seem to be ignored, as login is not possible.
shawniverson

Re: v4 Beta Login & User problems

Post by shawniverson »

Does your initial console login screen display this?

Code: Select all

First time login: root/eFaPr0j3ct
If not, your build attempt has failed for some reason. If you can gain access, browse to /var/log/eFa/build.log and attach it.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Alleyviper

Post by Alleyviper »

I have just installed EFA 4 from devbuild.sh on a clean Centos 7.

Problems found:
- On web setup, admin user for console password not accepting especial symbols like "!". It just loops asking the user admin for web console and password, until I just type a normal Up&Lower case password.

- After installing, on the web console, everything is turned off on postfix, mailscanner and msmilter.

- Logged via cli, can' t go to root user, EfaPr0j3ct or eFaPr0ject as refered do not work.
Alleyviper

Post by Alleyviper »

I cannot do a kickstart on my provider. As for version 3.0.2.6 it was installed with the no ks script.

I understand now than on setup, one user is admin {running sudo as root} and the other user is for web Access to EFA 4.

Reinstalled clean Centos 7 and used the devbuild.sh. Still services are down. From cli as sudo This happens:

############
Complete!
[ ~]$ service postfix start Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start postfix.service
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to manage system services or units.
Authenticating as: {user}
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
[~]$ service msmilter start Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start msmilter.service
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===
Authentication is required to manage system services or units.
Authenticating as: {user}
Password:
==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===
Job for msmilter.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status msmilter.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
[~]$ sudo /etc/init.d/Mailscanner start sudo: /etc/init.d/Mailscanner: command not found
[~]$
###############

Jan 14 06:23:03 my.domain.tld MSMilter[16570]: Could not use Custom Function code MailScanner::CustomConfig::InitSQLWhitelist, it ...Jan 14 06:23:03 my.domain.tld MSMilter[16570]: )
Jan 14 06:23:03 my.domain.tld msmilter-init[16567]: setconn: inet:33333@127.0.0.1: Permission denied at /usr/sbin/MSMilter line 619.
Jan 14 06:23:03 my.domain.tld msmilter-init[16567]: main: socket not bound at /usr/sbin/MSMilter line 625.
Jan 14 06:23:03 my.domain.tld msmilter-init[16567]: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MSMilter line 634.
Jan 14 06:23:04 my.domain.tld msmilter-init[16567]: MSMilter started with process id 16571
Jan 14 06:23:04 my.domain.tld systemd[1]: PID 16571 read from file /var/run/MSMilter.pid does not exist or is a zombie.
Jan 14 06:23:04 my.domain.tld systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: MSMilter daemon.
Jan 14 06:23:04 my.domain.tld systemd[1]: Unit msmilter.service entered failed state.
Jan 14 06:23:04 my.domain.tld systemd[1]: msmilter.service failed.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
[server@user ~]$
Alleyviper

Post by Alleyviper »

Got it

Post Init.................FAILING
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Alleyviper wrote: 14 Jan 2019 00:22 Problems found:
- On web setup, admin user for console password not accepting especial symbols like "!". It just loops asking the user admin for web console and password, until I just type a normal Up&Lower case password.

- After installing, on the web console, everything is turned off on postfix, mailscanner and msmilter.

- Logged via cli, can' t go to root user, EfaPr0j3ct or eFaPr0ject as refered do not work.
1) I am able to set an "!" and other special characters in the password fields without any trouble. Are you using the current master branch?

2) Did you reboot and proceed with setup? You performed a development build, so you need to reboot manually and proceed from there.

3) The development build does not reset the root password.
Alleyviper

Post by Alleyviper »

Could Install and EFA GUI worked.
toddh

Post by toddh »

I tried this on Hyper-V 2016 last night from the Kickstarter.

Took a while so I let it run over night.

When I came in this morning VM was shut down. I ejected .ISO and booted, came to

CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
Kernel 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 on an x86_64

localhost login:

I cannot login. I am thinking the install failed?

Todd
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Failed :(

If it was successful, you would have IP addresses displayed at the login screen.
toddh

Post by toddh »

I installed again from the .ISO without the kickstarter - normal Centos install. Install GUI had a hard time detecting the Microsoft Virtual Disk, had to select it manually in the partitioning. Other than that the install looked like it complete normally and I ended up with the same screen after reboot.

I will try the kickstarter again and see if I catch any errors.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

If you can get there, look in /var/log/eFa for a build.log.
zane93

Post by zane93 »

Ive tried two installs on Hyper-V 2016. Install one was the "Building using github clone for development" script and the other was the "existing CentOS instance" script. The installs both seemed go just fine and I went through the CLI setup ok.

After install I rebooted but the root password did not work on either install so I reset it with the admin account.

After the setup cli EFA-Configure would not work is this expected? Where is this script located searching for EFA-Configure yields nothing? The web gui seems to be working working fine.

[edit]
BTW at login I am not directred to the efa-configure menue.
I found entering "eFa-Configure" worked.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

zane93 wrote: 10 Feb 2019 04:53 Ive tried two installs on Hyper-V 2016. Install one was the "Building using github clone for development" script and the other was the "existing CentOS instance" script. The installs both seemed go just fine and I went through the CLI setup ok.
I was under the impression that you never even made it that far. :D
After install I rebooted but the root password did not work on either install so I reset it with the admin account.
This is normal. root is locked during setup. You have to log in with the console user you created during setup.
After the setup cli EFA-Configure would not work is this expected? Where is this script located searching for EFA-Configure yields nothing? The web gui seems to be working working fine.

[edit]
BTW at login I am not directred to the efa-configure menue.
I found entering "eFa-Configure" worked.
Again, you should be logging in as the console user, not root.
zane93

Post by zane93 »

Sorry, I think I hijacked this thread I though it was a pinned subject. :naughty:
I was under the impression that you never even made it that far. :D
You may have mistaken me for @toddh. So I have not had any issues with Hypver-V 2016 and EFA v4 with the latest git pull.
Again, you should be logging in as the console user, not root.
Yes, this works with console admin but at login the script is not launching automatically like EFA 3 I must manually launch it. Also it has to be launched with sudo. I dont know if both of these are to expected.

Question where do I add a "Trusted Networks" in v4?
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Oops I thought you were the same person, silly me! :oops:

Yeah, you should have this line in your .bashrc for your admin user.

Code: Select all

if ! [ -z "$PS1" ]; then
  sudo /usr/sbin/eFa-Configure
fi
The trusted networks option was part of the signature line links logic which have been removed in v4 and superseded with the use of MailWatch, such as the quarantine report auto release function.
zane93

Post by zane93 »

The addition in .bashrc worked and eFa-Configure now launches at login!
The trusted networks option was part of the signature line links logic which have been removed in v4 and superseded with the use of MailWatch, such as the quarantine report auto release function.
You happen to have a link that provides some more details? I have a known public subnet that I need to accept all mail from and it would be considered spam. The mail is coming directly from software like MS SQL and others without any auth.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Trusted networks would not have helped you, that was not its purpose.

What you need is this option instead:

7) Mail Settings --> 1) Outbound mail relay
zane93

Post by zane93 »

I added the additional public ip subnet that I want efa to receive mail from and Im getting back:

Client side
The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2019-02-11T05:31:16). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (Error in processing. The server response was: 4.3.0 <unknown[27.xxx.xxx.xxx]>: Temporary lookup failure).
)
update: got it working. I had a "1" in the last octet of the ip on a subnet definition and it wanted a "0" example 45.45.45.1/28(bad) 45.45.45.0/28(good).
bbrendon

Post by bbrendon »

I just installed using the eFa v4 Release Candidate 2 build instructions. I couldn't get logged in. It went into a loop while asking me for the "Web Admin Username" and Password. Over and over and over.
zane93

Post by zane93 »

bbrendon wrote: 11 Feb 2019 06:04 I just installed using the eFa v4 Release Candidate 2 build instructions. I couldn't get logged in. It went into a loop while asking me for the "Web Admin Username" and Password. Over and over and over.
I had this issues too. I used "eFa-Configure" from command line notes above on .bashrc for the admin user you created. Also if if you cant log in with root you need to use the admin user you created and update the root password "sudo passwd root" but you need to use the admin userver for "eFa-Configure".
toddh

Post by toddh »

I tried the install several more times on Hyper-V 2016 but met with no success.

Today I ran the install on a standard 2016 server and it complete fine. In fact I installed 2 VMs using the kickstarter in Hyper-V 2016 and both have succeeded.

My earlier attempts were on a Hyper-V 2016 Cluster with clustered storage using Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct 2016. It appears that the clustered environment install is not working at this stage, where Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V works fine.

Once I knew that all is good.

Nice job on the kickstarter setup. Could not have asked for a smoother install process!

Todd
zane93

Post by zane93 »

Im a new to kickstart how did you did this? Every thing I find is confusing me.
toddh

Post by toddh »

Boot to the Centos 7 Min .ISO

If you get prompt "boot:" hit enter and that should take you to the next screen.
At the startup screen(has aquamarine colored test) hit "Tab"
This brings up a string the install uses to configure the install

Add below to the end
inst.ks=http://dl.efa-project.org/build/4/kstesting.cfg

Hit enter and the install will go from there.