Installing SSL certs

General eFa discussion
dsheetz

Installing SSL certs

Post by dsheetz »

Are there instructions how to install SSL certs? Is there more than one place to install ? I want for webmin, postfix and Mailwatch as well as for anything else that would require it.

The 2 main reasons I need this are:
1. Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer tool fails finding certificate
2. when user login to see their messages
3. When admins login to web-admin page sometimes we get errors in browsers.
MS Connectivity Analyzer tool gets error:
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer wasn't able to obtain the remote SSL certificate.
Additional Details
The certificate couldn't be validated because SSL negotiation wasn't successful. This could have occurred as a result of a network error or because of a problem with the certificate installation.
Elapsed Time: 391 ms.
TheGr8Wonder

Re: Installing SSL certs

Post by TheGr8Wonder »

A simple way to implement the SSL for all of the components you mentioned is to upgrade eFa to 3.0.2.5 and to enable the "Let's Encrypt" feature, after you have met the pre-reqs. There is a bug in the code, that in 3.0.2.5 that requires the hostname to be all lowercase, but in 3.0.2.6, the issue will be resolved.

Just make sure the host name (defined under main menu #4) is a fully resolvable FQDN (spamfighter.coolname.biz)

By default the system generated self-signed certs, so that explains the untrusted errors while navigating to the system

I am also not familiar with the MSFT tool providing a https lookup for non exchange services.
dsheetz

Re: Installing SSL certs

Post by dsheetz »

I guess it is time for upgrading to 3.0.2.5 :)
thanks for the assist , you da man! :clap: :clap: