Message tracking

Report bugs and workarounds
heronimus

Message tracking

Post by heronimus »

( I'm sorry in advance if this question is already answered, but i can't find it in the forums here and the search engine doesn't allow me to search for some keywords).

In the past i could see the mailprocessing of send messages in the GUI; the mailserver which has accepted the outgoing mail, time end result code. For every outgoing message this information was created every hour. This is very useful information in the many questions we get at the helpdesk to decide at what point mail doesn't arrive at the destination.

For unknown reason, i can't see this info anymore. Hope someone can help me on this.

Regards, Heronimus
shawniverson

Re: Message tracking

Post by shawniverson »

Confirmed bug.

Problem is on line 39 of /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Postfix_relay/mailwatch_postfix_relay.php

Code: Select all

$pathToMailscannerDir = '/opt/mailwatch/mailscanner/';
Change this to

$pathToMailscannerDir = '/var/www/html/mailscanner/';
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

heronimus

Post by heronimus »

shawniverson wrote: 02 Aug 2017 20:44 Confirmed bug.

Problem is on line 39 of /usr/local/bin/mailwatch/tools/Postfix_relay/mailwatch_postfix_relay.php

$pathToMailscannerDir = '/opt/mailwatch/mailscanner/';
Change this to

$pathToMailscannerDir = '/var/www/html/mailscanner/';
Thank you Shawniverson! I can confirm that the solution you gave, solved the problem.
ovizii

Post by ovizii »

I also remember seeing that info but couldn't find it with newer EFA versions. I applied your solution but still can't find it. Where exactly should I be looking? I thought I remembered last seeing this info when opening an email in EFA, somewhere above the SA score but its still not ehre even though I restarted MailScanner.
heronimus

Post by heronimus »

ovizii wrote: 09 Aug 2017 07:01 I also remember seeing that info but couldn't find it with newer EFA versions. I applied your solution but still can't find it. Where exactly should I be looking? I thought I remembered last seeing this info when opening an email in EFA, somewhere above the SA score but its still not ehre even though I restarted MailScanner.
My experience is that this information is generated every hour. It's showed in the envelope details, thats when you press the (i) button in the mail screen where all messages are. The delivery information is called "Relay information" and is below the SpamAssassin Score.

Kind regards
ovizii

Post by ovizii »

Thanks for conforming that I was looking in the right place. For whatever reason, the info has now begun showing, about 24h later. Confusing but at least that info back :-)
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

heronimus wrote: 09 Aug 2017 15:17My experience is that this information is generated every hour.
Yes, see /etc/cron.hourly/mailwatch_relay.sh.