Greetings from Salt Lake

New users please present your self here (no real names needed) so we can prevent spam bots.
csum77

Greetings from Salt Lake

Post by csum77 »

Hi all. I've been using EFA for several months now & really like it. I've got a few questions I'm curious about, so I have registered so I can post to the forums.

I'll find the appropriate spots for my questions, but as a quick preview here's what I'm looking for (and haven't found yet in my searching):

1. With a default setup, will EFA act as a store and forward mail server if my actual mail server goes down (crash, maintenance, etc.)?

2. How difficult (I don't imagine it would be that tough) would it be to set up an email archiving system off of EFA? Either directly integrated with it, or as another system that EFA forwards a copy of all messages to?

3. (Less EFA specific but more generically email related:) When setting up an email archiving system, I have been looking for something that would essentially dynamically create mailboxes as email is received. However, from an administrative perspective, I'd love to have an "all powerful" Gmail like search, whereby I can quickly and flexibly search all mail across all mailboxes if/as needed. This would be in a business environment where all users are aware their email is stored & archived, and can be viewed/monitored/etc. at any time.

Anyway, just looking for feedback on these topics. I think EFA is a terrific project and I'd love to learn about adding/enabling these features...whether independently or as an optional addition to the existing project (or perhaps of an overall project).

Thanks for all the great work!

-Charlie
shawniverson

Re: Greetings from Salt Lake

Post by shawniverson »

:text-welcomewave:

1. Yes

2. Yes, forwarding is supported. Feel free to post in the how-to forum about specifics.

3. I have used Datacove for in house mail, and Google Vault for Google Mail. Both are very powerful and have the Google-like search function and full indexing. I'm not sure about free solutions, but I have often thought that creating an email archival system from open source may be doable.
csum77

Re: Greetings from Salt Lake

Post by csum77 »

Shawn,

Thanks for the feedback! I will post regarding further details in the how-to forum.

-Charlie