Hello

New users please present your self here (no real names needed) so we can prevent spam bots.
goldengate

Hello

Post by goldengate »

Salutations from a long time MailScanner user (I have Julian's book!) contemplating transitioning to EFA.
shawniverson

Re: Hello

Post by shawniverson »

:text-welcomewave:
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

goldengate wrote: 02 Nov 2020 23:44 Salutations from a long time MailScanner user (I have Julian's book!) contemplating transitioning to EFA.
Do it!
goldengate

Post by goldengate »

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

Still awaiting delivery of a new server next week (I plan to run EFA in KVM) before I can take a stab at it. Having hacked my way through 15 years of MailScanner/SA maintenance first on SendMail, then on Postfix, my basic plan is to install a clean new machine using your scripts on CentOS 7, then bring over my SA tokens and the key whitelist/blacklist entries from the old local.cf, then add the rest of EFA feature set over time. I plan to steal liberally from what I can glean of the relevant steps in your wonderful checklist in this post: viewtopic.php?t=4325.

Thanks again
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Consider using the Centos 8 instead of Centos 7 as your host os. That means you'll have more time before you need to upgrade the OS again.

I believe efa running on Centos 8 is working now.

Good luck with your migration. Sounds like you know what you are doing.