Greetings from London

New users please present your self here (no real names needed) so we can prevent spam bots.
marjohn56

Greetings from London

Post by marjohn56 »

I've run a small mail server for years, and used paid spam filter services to handle that side of things. Couple of years ago I switched to Office365 and although it works it leaves a lot to be desired, and the management of it's a nightmare. Back to my own mail server then I though, but lets try and reduce the costs by putting a gateway in front. After trying Postfix and Mailscanner on FreeBSD ( I'm familiar with it! ) I thought that's good, but I also need something that a user can log into and release messages if needed... EFA came to my rescue.

Had a few arguments with it using Centos8, permissions just seemed to do odd things. Switched to Centos7 and it works like a charm. :dance:

Now the hard work starts in migrating the mailboxes from 365!

Shawn - Very nice work!
shawniverson

Re: Greetings from London

Post by shawniverson »

:text-welcomewave:
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

marjohn56 wrote: 25 Sep 2020 08:37 Now the hard work starts in migrating the mailboxes from 365!
marjohn56, I am curious as to what stories/problems you've had with using office365/hosted exchange.

Would you be willing to share?
marjohn56

Post by marjohn56 »

Well.. :)

As I said, it works, and 99.9% of the time it works well, like all systems there have been the odd times when there was an issue at the servers, resolved quickly I hasten to add. My biggest gripe is that the management interface, it's clunky; yes you can do anything and everything, if you have the time and patience.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

Thanks for the reply.