Greetings from Earth :)

New users please present your self here (no real names needed) so we can prevent spam bots.
Mail2GoCa

Greetings from Earth :)

Post by Mail2GoCa »

No I'm not trying to hide my geographical location. I'm just not being specific because on any particular day you will find me in a new location somewhere in Europe or North America. The frequent flyer points accumulate fast.

I manage quite a few networks on top of my own which provides hosted email services to a variety of corporate entities.

I have historically used commercial Anti-Spam products until about 2 years ago when I started researching open source solutions because the commercial products were draining not only my wallet, but also my time resources. It was clearly time to make a positive change to save on one or the other...or perhaps both.

So far I have tried out 4 different community supported open source Anti-Spam/Virus gateways and this week I started testing EFA.

I have to say EFA seems to be superior to the others I've tried in that the grey list is quite effective at eliminating hit and run spam bots, so much so that it significantly reduces the huge overhead associated with ClamAV and SpamAssassin...not to mention the mitigated quarantine storage requirements and the painstaking tasks of wading though that same quarantine to weed out the spam from ham and maintaining the white/black lists.

It is my hope and wish that EFA4 brings a much more 'ergonomic' UI since I find that far too many clicks are required in order to whitelist, blacklist, spam/ham learn and release false positives particularly when navigating from one quarantined item to the next.

In EFA4, I am also looking forward to the ability to run multiple servers sharing the same data via db synchronization. This would really help with my setup which is a high availability system spread across 3 different data centers in 3 different countries on both sides of the Atlantic.

Keep up the great work Shawn. You've done a fantastic job and I'm looking forward to seeing you earn that Pearl badge. :)
TheGr8Wonder

Re: Greetings from Earth :)

Post by TheGr8Wonder »

Welcome!