Hello EFA_Project

New users please present your self here (no real names needed) so we can prevent spam bots.
iridium1191

Hello EFA_Project

Post by iridium1191 »

Hi from Australia,
While beginning the process of upgrading my company's custom-built Ubuntu 12.04/Mailscanner/Postfix Exchange gateway (I had been putting it off for months) I came across EFA-Project.

At first the term "appliance" put me off - I imagined a locked-down VM with limited access to the back-end, but thought I'd give it a try. I converted the Hyper-V image to a Xen vhd, installed it and found it to be a fully open VM. I was even surprised at how well my Debian/Ubuntu knowledge transferred to CentOs!

I tested it over the weekend by placing it in front of our existing gateway and found it worked so well I kept it in production and removed the old gateway.

I've enabled postscreen (but not yet "deep inspection") and disabled SQLGrey (I love greylisting but many of the orgs we work with use various cloud deliverers which send on a range of addresses with limited retries and I just can't keep up). A few other tweaks so far to clamav-unofficial-sigs and Office macro blocking.

Would be good to see System-D in time - I was negative when it came out but it's grown on me.

Thanks for EFA and keep up the great work!
shawniverson

Re: Hello EFA_Project

Post by shawniverson »

:text-welcomewave: