E.F.A. 2.x discontinued E.F.A. 3.x started

Important news
darky83
Site Admin

E.F.A. 2.x discontinued E.F.A. 3.x started

Post by darky83 »

First the bad news:
Developing on E.F.A. 2.x has halted for now or maybe even forever.
The concept of an spamfilter based on baruwa, exim, ubuntu etc has not been received that well.
The main reasons that are brought to my attention are:
  • Complicated setup
  • Baruwa is not user friendly (although it looks good..)
  • CentOS/RHEL based system is preferred instead of debian/ubuntu.
  • Postfix is preferred over exim
Because of this I decided to stop developing on an spam filter based on Baruwa 2.0, maybe it will be an 'todo' but for now this project is discontinued by myself.
If there is someone out there that wants to take over this project then you are free to go, contact me about your wishes and all will be granted :mrgreen:

The good news:
Now for the good news.
Because lots of people have asked me I have started an clone of the previous ESVA project and called it E.F.A. v3
For now this will be my main project I will be working on.

Info:
This is a completely NEW setup based on the previous ESVA system, with this post I will try to send out some updates about the status of the project.
Because ESVA development halted at version 2.0.6.1 we started a new 'numbering scheme' at version 3.x.x.x. so the first ever release will be called E.F.A. 3.0.0.0.
The name ESVA will not be used anymore because of possible legal issues.

This means that E.F.A. 3.x is NOT an upgrade for the previous 0.3 E.F.A. version and also that it is NOT an upgrade for your existing ESVA system.

So what does E.F.A. 3.x contain:
  • In short all components that made ESVA but updated to current versions
  • Centos 6.5
  • MailScanner
  • ClamAV
  • DCC
  • MailWatch
  • Webmin
  • SQL Grey
  • Pyzor
  • Razor
  • MySQL
  • much more...
Development & Files:

All development will be stored on github available here: If you want to contribute to this new ESVA clone/replacement please register an account at github and send me your username, I will add you to the project.

Short: released !

Todo:

nothing....

* last update 20140123
Version eFa 4.x now available!