Debian Firewall?

Questions and answers about how to do stuff
DukeOfAwesome

Debian Firewall?

Post by DukeOfAwesome »

Hi,

I have installed EFA from scratch on a Debian 7.1 virtual machine. Debian was a bare minimum install with only SSH.

I ran the ./build.sh went through the EFA install process and can log onto the web interface and have configured all the domains as shown in the How To section here on the forum.

I have forwarded port 25 from our firewall to the EFA VM. When we sent a test email to the appliance, we get "Connection refused". I tested using telnet and port 25 is not accepting SMTP connections.

I am new to Debian and normally use CentOS with iptables. I can't find where to open port 25 on the Debian equivalent of iptables as I am assuming this is the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to allow port 25 or how to disable entirely the Debian firewall. I searched Google, but the search results all discussed iptables. I ran the command "iptables -L" but it returned iptables not found.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Duke
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Debian Firewall?

Post by darky83 »

Hi Duke,

If you did an bare installation of Debian then there should not be an firewall configured (E.F.A. does not configure any firewall settings)

But do note that EFA 0.3 has been tested and working on Debian 6, I Guess that it won't work on Debian 7.1
So that must be the issue, (I do have a testing EFA 0.4 version that works with debian 7.1 but because i'm working on a 2.0 version I have not released that)

d.
Version eFa 4.x now available!