Wishlist

General eFa discussion
darky83
Site Admin

Wishlist

Post by darky83 »

What would be your wishes that should be implemented in the future E.F.A releases?

Currently on the list:
  • Outgoing relay
  • Smarthost support
  • TLS support
  • AD support for user e-mail address verification
  • AD support for baruwa webinterface login
  • DKIM
  • Image scanning support
  • Greylisting
  • Spam notification message
Version eFa 4.x now available!
polarbear

Re: Wishlist

Post by polarbear »

one of the most powerful aspect of old ESVA was the greylist feature I think. Is there a specific reason you don´t use it?
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

yea as mentioned in a previous post:
This is mainly because of the time delay that grey listing causes in all of my cases the time it takes when using grey listing is not acceptable so I choose to not implement it.

I will put it on a 'long term' todo list to be available as a option (enable/disable at first config maybe)
But I will add it to the todo list, just don't expect it to be available soon (Or if someone else misses it you can always configure it yourself and send in the howto :) )
mul

Post by mul »

for me : AD support for user e-mail address verification
m477

Post by m477 »

Reconfigure the baruwa quarantine report hostname via the web
frderi

Post by frderi »

What about shipping webmin out of the box for the time being. It used to be bundled with ESVA. Webmin is quite handy on any linux based MTA to have the advanced postfix configuration options available to set up easily.

Its installed quite easily by itself, but since this is supposed to be a shrinkwrapped distribution for an MTA :)

By the way : it seems webmin cannot parse the transport mappings: This map cannot be edited : The MySQL configuration parameter table was not found. Webmin needs this to figure out which table and fields to query. when using webmin.
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Webmin won't work correctly with postfix, as baruwa has his own custom DB schema's.

Ofcourse this could custom writen in webmin but thats not the idea I have about EFA, I want to keep 'already existing packages' so that it is possible to upgrade without any hassle (as ESVA has because lots of items were custom compiled, with EFA a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade should be enough) Webmin requires you to do everything 'there way' not something that is compatible with baruwa because of the custom DB options.

I am writing a menu driven configure bash script that I want to use for this, it should be much easier to update just this bash script than a whole package system like webmin :)
(I want to keep admin maintenance at a minimal)
DavidRa

Post by DavidRa »

Here's a couple of wishes - I've been a long-term ASSP user, got sick of bounce spam and figured I'd try EFA. I'm already hooked.
  • Historical reports (last 24h, last 7d, last month, possibly even year on year
  • Configure baruwa quarantine URL during setup / from web
  • Fast markup for SA learning / deletion in all messages views
  • Administrators can also own domains (make someone an Admin and you can't add domains to their account
  • Better info on what the various scheduled messages mean (e.g. "{disarmed}" in the subject line ... ?)
  • Better information about SA corpus (spam/ham/etc)
  • More status info on scanners/MTAs
  • Update SA configuration from the web (could be hard) - for example, increase scores for emails originating in or bouncing through certain high-risk countries
  • Hyper-V drivers / kernel modules - some quick research suggests the Debian 7.0 kernel (or latest kernel.org 3.2) includes these and can be back-ported
Gotta say though I'm loving it so far :)
ge2000

Post by ge2000 »

From the wishlist we need at least Outgoing relay with additionally smarthosts configurable per outgoing domain. With these options i'm able to test-drive EFA in our organisation (500 receipients).

A really nice to have would be to get rid of Mysql and replace it by a real database. Since Baruwa 2.0 already leans on Postgresql this would be solved over time I hope.

Also IPV6 should be fully implemented. I can do this manually but the scripts will overwrite the config.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

--Ge
Rickk

Post by Rickk »

Recipient blacklist: Always consider email sent to specific mail address as spam (black hole, so add an entry to the blacklist without providing a sender address, e.g. wildcard)
Add spam blocklists
Update DNS servers from webinterface
sberube

Post by sberube »

* add an option from the web or at setup to qanrantine infections
* add "openvm-tools" to the wmware image
melvisbass

Post by melvisbass »

The boss wants me to auto whitelist outbound emails as our current ESVA setup on occasion will mark replys from clients as spam. Can efa doe this?

Thanks
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

I will need to do a little testing on this. My setup doesn't send messages out via E.F.A, but I think I will change it to do so for development of other features.

You may be able to whitelist your email server(s) in its entirety and skip the AWL checks.

Try logging into MailWatch as an admin, go to Lists, and in the from field enter the IP address of your email server(s) and add to whitelist.
danitaz

Post by danitaz »

darky83 wrote:yea as mentioned in a previous post:
This is mainly because of the time delay that grey listing causes in all of my cases the time it takes when using grey listing is not acceptable so I choose to not implement it.

I will put it on a 'long term' todo list to be available as a option (enable/disable at first config maybe)
But I will add it to the todo list, just don't expect it to be available soon (Or if someone else misses it you can always configure it yourself and send in the howto :) )
Back when I was using postfix and Maia MailGuard, I was using a "selective greylisting" algorithm that only greylisted if certain criteria were met - like no PTR, too many numbers in the host name (DSL), etc. This is not the actual document I was using (but it's close) - http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/fc5-postgrey.txt - this allows most "real" mail servers to not be greylisted, and avoids having everyone slowed down. Greylisting is very useful though, and does block a lot of spam.
danitaz

Post by danitaz »

DavidRa wrote: [*]Fast markup for SA learning / deletion in all messages views
This might be in my wishlist below - if I understand what David is asking for - so here's my list:
* Right now there is what looks like a check box next to each message, but it actually "opens" the message when you click there - so I'd like a link (maybe on the subject) for opening the message, and true checkboxes for marking a number of messages and marking as spam, releasing as good, etc.
* Domain administrator for multiple domains. RIght now it seems like I can be administrator for ONE domain - I'd like to have it be configurable to be any domains I choose to "give" to other domain administrators.
* The ability to sort fields in the "Recent Messages" list.
* The ability to separate the Spam and Non-Spam in the Quarantine into separate lists, rather than one quarantine.
* Shorter "daily" quarantine reports - right now they are 7 days, and that's too big of a report - I only want to see what was not on the last report. I personally have close to 500 spam messages a day in my report - 3500 for 7 days is too much (maybe I can figure this out in the PHP file)
* The ability to do SMTP-Verify/CallOut to verify a recipient exists on the fly for any SMTP server (not LDAP or AD dependent).

That's it for now I think!

Thanks.

Danita