Daily Quarantine Report

General eFa discussion
resads

Daily Quarantine Report

Post by resads »

Hi All

Thanks for the ongoing development and support of EFA

With regards to the daily quarantine report can someone advise if it possible to send a daily report option to all users who have quarantined mail in that domain?

At present I see that we have to add domains in EFA web under User Management then include their email address and then tick Send daily report.

If we have a domain with 200 mailboxes then we have to add another 200 mailboxes to the EFA user management and enable their mailboxes

For example in our previous spam filter appliance we were able to add the domain - ie testdomain.com > destination server MY_MAIL_SERVER_IP like EFA, but then we were not required to add individual user mailboxes or accounts to receive the quarantine report. Any user who had a mail account in that domain would automatically be emailed the quarantine report if they had mail in the quarantine flagged as spam. Is this possible at present, or able to be implemented in an future update?

Hope this makes sense

Cheers
shawniverson

Re: Daily Quarantine Report

Post by shawniverson »

Yep, I know what you are describing. Barracuda works this way. Currently this is not possible but might be in a future update. We would need to somehow instruct MailWatch to create user accounts based on incoming destinations and verify that they exist.

Right now, though, you can bind MailWatch to your LDAP directory and pull your users in. This seems to work very well.
resads

Post by resads »

Thanks shawniverson,

In our instance we don't run AD for a few hosted mailboxes so having to create them manually would be very time consuming for a domain with a large mailbox count. The AD feature is very useful however for organisations that we'd install the appliance in to.

Thank you for considering this option and hope to see it soon in a future update
iandarke

Post by iandarke »

This feature would be very useful to me.

I have a fair number of email enabled public folders and it would be ideal for each of them to receive a daily spam digest in case any messages need to be released.

Different public folders can be monitored by different people so having a central "here is all of the spam that went to all of the email addresses in the domain" doesn't cut it.

I'll try to workaround this by creating "accounts" for the email enabled public folders that matter the most.

The rest of them we'll just need to rely upon the hope that there are no false positives of "high spam" messages (which are not delivered).

Another related feature that would help would be the ability to define multiple email addresses for an account in the system. In other words, I might make a user called "HR emails" and have a single quarantine report cover a few addresses.

This is useful for individuals as well (i.e. many user/mailboxes have more than one email address)

Enjoying the technology so far. Beats maintaining my own AMAVISD+POSTFIX+SPAMASSASSIN/etc system which I've been doing... :)

THANKS!!!!
anti-spam

Post by anti-spam »

up for us also, such a feature will be like the icing on the cake ... :dance:
:arrow: always fighting spams ... :hand:
ovizii

Post by ovizii »

Did I understand this right, the spam report only gets sent if I created the users inside EFA?