Export Users and W/B Lists

General eFa discussion
cam

Export Users and W/B Lists

Post by cam »

Hey Shawn, I saw in a previous post that you were going to work on a script to export/import users from ESVA to EFA, any info with that? We're going to setup EFA in production now, just for our domain first, but we also filter probably 10 others maybe 150 users or so. If we could avoid manually recreating that would be awesome! Whitelist would be nice but not so detrimental. Also, any ETA on update that will keep clean mails from daily report? Thanks man, have EFA setup at the house now for about a month for my personal domain and wife's business and loving it so far! Thanks for all y'all do!
shawniverson

Re: Export Users and W/B Lists

Post by shawniverson »

cam wrote:Hey Shawn, I saw in a previous post that you were going to work on a script to export/import users from ESVA to EFA, any info with that? We're going to setup EFA in production now, just for our domain first, but we also filter probably 10 others maybe 150 users or so. If we could avoid manually recreating that would be awesome!
The process turns out to be very easy because the mailwatch user tables in each are identical. Here's a high level procedure...I'll post actual steps if you need them.

1) In ESVA, back up just the users table in the mailwatch database

2) In EFA, restore the users table in the mailwatch database (bear in mind any existing users will be erased! Make sure you have an admin user in the ESVA database backup!)
cam wrote:Whitelist would be nice but not so detrimental.
Same procedure, tables are identical.
cam wrote:Also, any ETA on update that will keep clean mails from daily report?
No promises, but I might be able to squeeze it into the next update...
cam wrote:Thanks man, have EFA setup at the house now for about a month for my personal domain and wife's business and loving it so far! Thanks for all y'all do!
:text-welcomewave:
frderi

Re: Export Users and W/B Lists

Post by frderi »

I'd also benefit from a detailed howto on how to export/import whitelists and blacklists from ESVA to EFA. (I really don't want re-enter them all... :naughty: )