Performance Tuning

General eFa discussion
cam

Performance Tuning

Post by cam »

Is there any suggested tuning that could be done. Our old ESVA processes 9,000+ messages a day and struggles under the load. Looking forward to upgrading to EFA, but wanted to find out if anyone has any suggestions on tuning for this type of load before putting into production. Thanks!
shawniverson

Re: Performance Tuning

Post by shawniverson »

I think you will find that E.F.A. will perform well under this load.

The defaults for E.F.A. are 2 vCPUs and 2GB of vRAM. I process about 6000 messages daily with a load average of about 0.2.

The default for mailscanner threads is 2. You may want to increase this if you notice your inbound postfix queue backlogging.

Use EFA-Configure to perform this task very easily by selecting the Tunables option.
cam

Post by cam »

Awesome man, thanks for the info.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

:text-welcomewave:
cam

Post by cam »

Hey man, a couple of more questions mostly regarding performance. I noticed that mailscanner is set for 2 children but usually shows 3 in the gui? Also, in regards to greylisting, is there a time limit or way to process through those faster? We normally have 3-5000 in greylist, of which most are junk but for the legitimate mail it does take a while to come through. The feature is great and the load is at 0.2 also, but would just like to get through greylisting a little faster, any suggestions?
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

I have seen this behavior with MailScanner as well under load. I have mine at 4 but have seen it as high as 8.

Greylist is pretty much on or off, unless you optout specific recipients. I am not finding an option to specify the delay anywhere in /etc/sqlgrey/* unless I am looking over it...