User alises

General eFa discussion
danitaz

User alises

Post by danitaz »

I (and my users) receive mail for a number of alises and domain names. Is there any way to consolidate "users" so only one report is sent for all of these? Even if it means directly editing the database? For example, orders@company.com, sales@company.com, userid@company.com flast@company.com first.last@company.com might all go to the same mailbox. I'd like to avoid having separate "users" for each of these, and one consolidated daily report!

Thanks

Danita
shawniverson

Re: User alises

Post by shawniverson »

If you go into user management, you can deselect "Send Daily Report" for each alias that you don't want to receive a report, and leave on for those addresses that you do want to receive a report.

You can also override the quarantine report recipient as well if you still want reports on each of these but you don't want the aliases blasting your users with reports.

As for a consolidated report that reports on all of these, I don't know of a way to modify the database to do this. I think it would take reworking both the database and the MailWatch to implement.
danitaz

Re: User alises

Post by danitaz »

Okay - well this is available in many other systems, so it's something to think about for the future. I have actually been testing Xeams and EFA side-by-side. There are some really cool "interface" functions in Xeams, but it was blocking so much real mail as spam out of the box that I've all but given up on it.

Thanks

Danita