Couple of questions about initial setup

General eFa discussion
aaste

Couple of questions about initial setup

Post by aaste »

Hello, this is Alessandro Aste from Sardinia(just introduced myself in the dedicated topic). First off I want to say 2 things: thanks for EFA and I apologize for my bad English.

I have a couple of questions about the initial setup of EFA 0.3. I just deployed with success( 2 weeks ago to be honest) the OVF template for the and I configured it by the web interface as documented here: http://www.efa-project.org/faq/howto-configuration/.

The questions:

1 - Is this initial setup ready to go ? I mean, I want to put EFA in front of a Exchange installation. Do I have to configure each Exchange recipient by the web interface using "User" for the "Account type" field or all of the emails for my configured domain will be forwarded to the "Delivery SMTP Servers" I configured by Baruwa for that domain no matter of the recipient?

2- I just read today that the 0.3 is discontinued and there is a the 3.0.0.0 in development. Do you recommend to avoid to use the 0.3 version?

Thanks for your time and your eventual feedback!!

Alessandro.
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Couple of questions about initial setup

Post by darky83 »

Hi Allessandro,

First Welcome! :-)

The 0.3 version uses Baruwa 1.x as its web interface which is not maintained anymore (by the original author), that is also why I removed the download links from the website, as it might contain security issues which will not be fixed anymore.
So I do not recommend installing new systems with 0.3, also because we here at EFA have dropped support for it (there is no point in maintaining an system which is not updated by the package vendors anymore..)

Work on 3.0.0.0 is pretty far along so an release should be here in a few weeks, if you have the option to wait a little you will have an better supported system :)

Regards,

d.
Version eFa 4.x now available!
shawniverson

Re: Couple of questions about initial setup

Post by shawniverson »

Hello Allessandro,

We are very close to releasing a beta of E.F.A v3 now. Just giving you a heads up to keep an eye for it on the new website.