best practice ???

General eFa discussion
enriluis

best practice ???

Post by enriluis »

We are planning to set up an email service to send ads and advertising, regulated according to content to avoid blacklisting
we have a domain domain.com
We plan to have 5 mail servers each with its fqdn and ip address, dns a, ptr, dkim, dmarc and politics spf
our doubt is whether to have those 5 servers in the same tiny as follows
mx1.domain.com, mx2domain.com ... etc or if you create a subdomain for each of those 5 servers, when a server goes blacklisted only block that IP address?
example: mx1-> subdom1.dominio.com, mx2-> subdom2.dominio.com ... mx5-> subdom5.dominio.com
What would be the best practice to avoid blacklisting?
I want to rotate each server, send by one or two and the others on hold and if it is blacklisted then start sending from two of the other servers, which would be the best practice ???
henk

Re: best practice ???

Post by henk »

We are planning to set up an email service to send ads and advertising, regulated according to content to avoid blacklisting
set up a spam service:?:
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

enriluis wrote: 04 Sep 2019 22:44 We are planning to set up an email service to send ads and advertising, regulated according to content to avoid blacklisting
we have a domain domain.com
We plan to have 5 mail servers each with its fqdn and ip address, dns a, ptr, dkim, dmarc and politics spf
our doubt is whether to have those 5 servers in the same tiny as follows
mx1.domain.com, mx2domain.com ... etc or if you create a subdomain for each of those 5 servers, when a server goes blacklisted only block that IP address?
example: mx1-> subdom1.dominio.com, mx2-> subdom2.dominio.com ... mx5-> subdom5.dominio.com
What would be the best practice to avoid blacklisting?
I want to rotate each server, send by one or two and the others on hold and if it is blacklisted then start sending from two of the other servers, which would be the best practice ???
let me be more critical on your questions, if you set up your environment correctly no one will be black listed.
we have 5 EFA V4 up and running for over 2 years now and before EFA 3 for 4 years noone of them been in the blacklist ever.
our configuration is next :
mx-01.domain.com / mx-02.domain.com / mx-03.domain.com /.....

all the 5 EFAS are on a different datacenter but looking at each others mariadb for scanning ect....
those 5 EFAS are handling about 3 till 7k emails a day.
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!
enriluis

Post by enriluis »

hi
thanks for reply
https://www.mail-tester.com/test-wub4a can u take a look to this reports, son my ip are beig blacklisted
blacklist:45.35.53.166 added to NoSolicitado 9/7/2019 5:20:07 PM i had a blacklist monitor at mxtoolbox.
thanks, i can provide more information
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

enriluis wrote: 13 Sep 2019 21:51 hi
thanks for reply
https://www.mail-tester.com/test-wub4a can u take a look to this reports, son my ip are beig blacklisted
blacklist:45.35.53.166 added to NoSolicitado 9/7/2019 5:20:07 PM i had a blacklist monitor at mxtoolbox.
thanks, i can provide more information
Good Day sir, are you calling me Son ?
i lost you really? you report scores is 10/10 which is good. what am i supposed to see or do ?
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC1 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!
enriluis

Post by enriluis »

sorry my english
so yes my score are 10/10 so my server are in NoSolicitado blacklisted, i'm looking for some tips
jamerson

Post by jamerson »

enriluis wrote: 17 Sep 2019 18:17 sorry my english
so yes my score are 10/10 so my server are in NoSolicitado blacklisted, i'm looking for some tips
your server are not blocked but your IP. you need to check why its blocked.
without sharing the block result we cannot help.
what mail server are you using?
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

The blacklist sites used to tell you why you were blocked. Is that no longer the case?