help about blocked files

General eFa discussion
fatima2007

help about blocked files

Post by fatima2007 »

hello
i am email administrator of an organization. I see efa block files that are Suspicious and do not notify to the sender of emails. so many important emails do not reach to destinations. I do setting in mailscanner.conf and set 'notify sender =yes' and I set a valid postmaster email, but any notification sent to the sender. what should I do? I do the setting from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2893&p=12629&hilit= ... ing#p12629
this error is seen in efa when sender of file is from gmail.

bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.76.27] said: 550-5.7.1 [78.38.77.36] The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized to 550-5.7.1 send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay at your 550-5.7.1 service provider instead. Learn more at 550 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NotAuthorizedError o6si5866255wre.118 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help me.

when an email with bad content block with efa, efa web admin show that an email from postmaster sent to sender but no email receive in source sender. this picture:
123.png
123.png (33.91 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
Last edited by fatima2007 on 02 Jun 2019 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
henk

Re: help about blocked files

Post by henk »

You should check your DNS settings for your domain, as efa sends mail to the outside world,and gmail checks if the ip is allowed to send mail for your domain ( that's correct)

Code: Select all

dig MX <yourdomain> 
and

Code: Select all

dig TXT <yourdomain> 
And check if reverse dns points to the correct PTR name.

If you make sure the TXT record for your domain includes the pupblic ip for efa, the (correct) gmail test would pass.

Gmail is the only one thats rejects your mail from efa?

There are many posts in this forum about domain configuration.

And why send a notification when a virus or suspicious stuff is detected? To notify the sender that you somehow catched this one, so he should try again. Maybe the next mail will slip pass efa?
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
fatima2007

Post by fatima2007 »

thank you. all my DNS settings are correct. but I don't know what is the problem.
Gmail is the only one that rejects your mail from efa? No. all of my notifications do not deliver to sender.
And why send a notification when a virus or suspicious stuff is detected? Because many correct files and emails are blocked because, efa guess that it is an infected file. for example, the file with name HAT-article-Zolf-980310.docx.pdf is blocked but it was not a virus.
henk

Post by henk »

"All DNS settings are correct" So if you dig your TXT record, your sending IP shows , or is included?

Maybe someone, who is also sending notifications, can step in?

Besides dns , you can take a look at viewtopic.php?t=2802

about double extensions ( Attempt to hide real filename extension - .docx.pdf)
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams