Hiding Clean Messages

General eFa discussion
richie913

Hiding Clean Messages

Post by richie913 »

Hi,

Newbie here asking, hopefully, a very easy to answer question!

One of my colleagues has recently set up eFa and so far so good! There is only one niggling issue though...

Upon logging into the webGUI, you are greeted with all recent messages - including all clean messages. From here I, or anyone else with access, can open up these clean messages and read the body. This is a slight concern as this means any of our it analyst team who need access to this to release quarantines items on occaisions, will have the ability to read every other staff members email. Imagine a grumpy employee scanning through and finding a highly private email between his boss and HR...

Is there any way to configure eFa so that clean/whitelisted emails aren't available on the webGUI? We would want to only see the messages that have been marked as quarantined?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Odon Garma

Re: Hiding Clean Messages

Post by Odon Garma »

if you do not want to store clean messages, check efa configuration -> spam settings -> non spam settings

if you want to store clean messages BUT do not want to show them in webgui you have to edit the PHP file in /var/www/html/mailscanner (look for the sql statements)

Greetz
richie913

Re: Hiding Clean Messages

Post by richie913 »

Hi,

Thanks for this - I think I have actually found the reason my problem is happening...

It seems that even the clean messages are being quarantined (even though they are still being delivered?!)

When I looked at the message more I noticed I have the release and delete option - and clicking on the quarantine option it showed all of the clean messages!

I checked this against our old Mailscanner set up (which was a manual install of MS rather than the eFa appliance) and that doesn't put the clean messages in quarantine. i think someone how put in a misconfiguration somewhere on the conf files so I will go through them with a fine tooth comb until I find the pesky cause!

Thanks again for the response though