v4

General eFa discussion
katycomputersystems

v4

Post by katycomputersystems »

I am currently using a home brewed Exim/Spamassassin filter, it works well but provides no way for end-users to release spam, review logs etc.

Is it a horrible idea to spin up a Centos 7 VM & run https://raw.githubusercontent.com/E-F-A ... evbuild.sh
shawniverson

Re: v4

Post by shawniverson »

Not necessarily you can help me out :D

The first thing you'll notice on a successful build that some things are missing. You would need to add them or handle yourself (EFA-Configure, for example...overhauling that...)

Also, you'll be presented with an EFAInit GUI. This is incomplete and will not complete your setup. Bypass it by running the command line version instead, and then switch from EFAInit in Apache back to MailWatch.

You will have a working system at this point, albeit a very bare one.
katycomputersystems

Post by katycomputersystems »

Thanks Shawn - I'll keep the community informed as I make progress.
Raslam

Post by Raslam »

shawniverson wrote: 23 Jul 2018 21:46 Not necessarily you can help me out :D

The first thing you'll notice on a successful build that some things are missing. You would need to add them or handle yourself (EFA-Configure, for example...overhauling that...)

Also, you'll be presented with an EFAInit GUI. This is incomplete and will not complete your setup. Bypass it by running the command line version instead, and then switch from EFAInit in Apache back to MailWatch.

You will benefit from PhenGold and have a working system at this point, albeit a very bare one.
Hi Shawn, would you suggest not switching to v4 yet to the less technically savvy of us?
Last edited by Raslam on 14 Oct 2022 17:21, edited 2 times in total.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Raslam wrote: 28 Jul 2018 15:46 Hi Shawn, would you suggest not switching to v4 yet to the less technically savvy of us?
Yes, many changes will happen before initial release. If you are not comfortable hacking the system, stick with v3 for now.