Notify Action Missing Release Link

General eFa discussion
Gambit464

Notify Action Missing Release Link

Post by Gambit464 »

I found an older thread related to this issue, but I did not see a resolution.

I just setup a new 3.0.2.5 server from OVF and I'm having this problem pretty much out of the box. I added the 'notify' action to Spam Actions (now reads "Spam Actions = store notify"). When the user gets the notification of the spam, there is no link to release the message from quarantine. Here is what the email looks like to the user. Notice its missing the " by clicking http://..." part after quarantine.

If you are satisfied that this message is not spam, you can release it from
quarantine

Note that if this mail has been send to multiple recipients you will
release this mail to all users.
--

I checked the file /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/recipient.spam.report.txt and everything looks ok.
Gambit464

Re: Notify Action Missing Release Link

Post by Gambit464 »

In case anyone else comes across this thread I fixed it by using the "custom(spam)" action instead of "notify". I did see that somewhere else, but I didnt realize it was the same action.

Spam Actions = store custom(spam)
fferraro87

Post by fferraro87 »

Hi, i've also your same problem,
can you attach recipient.spam.report.txt content?

Thanks
Gambit464

Post by Gambit464 »

Short answer:
Modify: /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Set Value: "Spam Actions = store custom(spam)"

Longer answer:

I had originally set that parameter in MailScanner.conf to: "Spam Actions = store notify"

The "notify" option is what made the most sense based on the info in the config file. I was missing the release link in the emails and thought it was a problem with the recipient.spam.report.txt format or something. After pulling my hair out for a while I happened across an old MailScanner.conf config from a previous install and noticed that I was using the "custom(spam)" option, so I tried it and it worked. Not sure if i had the same problem last time and forgot or if it was setup like that or what.

Now that I'm reading up on it again I think the "notify" option has a problem generating the token/variable referred to in the recipient.spam.report.txt file. That's why it was missing the link. I believe that the "custom(spam)" option runs some additional functions that generate the token and the variable for the link.
Gambit464

Post by Gambit464 »

... well.... I got the email now, but it doesnt appear to release the email from quarantine after clicking the link. It pulls up the web page and says its going to release the email, but nothing ever happens. If I release it through the web interface it seems to work ok. Somethings still missing...