Send notify to client

General eFa discussion
nicutdk

Send notify to client

Post by nicutdk »

Hi,

I have a problem with send low score spam to client.

I make a modification in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

High Scoring Spam Actions = store custom(spam)

After that modification some mail with lower score spam don't send notification to clients.

Anybody can help with that ?

Regards,
pdwalker

Re: Send notify to client

Post by pdwalker »

Hi nicutdk,

I don't understand.

What do you want to happen exactly? Was it working before and then stopped working after you changed your MailScanner.conf file to "High Scoring Spam Actions = store custom(spam)"

What was that setting before you changed it?
nicutdk

Post by nicutdk »

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I attached a screenshot because is so hard for me to explain in words.

In my config have the same for Spam and High Score Spam

Spam Actions = store custom(spam)

High Scoring Spam Actions = store custom(spam)

ex1.png
ex1.png (41.05 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
First mail was generate a notify to client but last mail NOT.

Best Regards,
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

In my config have the same for Spam and High Score Spam
In cases like this, you should post exactly what you mean, otherwise we have to guess what it is you are doing or have done.

Do you mean you set the following two values to the same number in your MailScanner.conf? (Mine are different in this example)

Code: Select all

Required SpamAssassin Score = 4
High SpamAssassin Score = 7
--
First mail was generate a notify to client but last mail NOT.
Which one is the first mail, and which is the second? Is the first one with a spam score of 6.76 is the first message and resulted in a "spam not delivered" message while the second one with a score of 4.43 didn't?

If so, send me the Required SpamAssassin Score and High SpamAssassin Score settings from your MailScanner.conf file.
--
Lastly, what do you want to accomplish exactly? You want to notify the sender of the message that they sent spam? Or do you want to notify the receiver of the message that they may have received a spam message?

If you want to notify the sender, then I would say, "don't do it" because most spammers use invalid email addresses. You'll be sending backscatter spam to people who didn't actually send it, or you'll be trying to send messages to email accounts that do not exist.

If you want to notify the receiver, then use the "notify" parameter for the "Spam Actions" and "High Scoring Spam Actions"
nicutdk

Post by nicutdk »

hi,

I want to notify the receiver of the message that they may have received a spam message (All spam messages)

The settings is:

Required SpamAssassin Score = 4
High SpamAssassin Score = 7

Thank you
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

understood. Let me see if I can make my system do it first and then get back to you.