EFA v4

General eFa discussion
chilly

EFA v4

Post by chilly »

Hi

EFA is brilliant. Can anyone tell me if v4 is still on the cards and when it might be released?

chilly.
shawniverson

Re: EFA v4

Post by shawniverson »

https://github.com/E-F-A/v4

Release is slated for later this year. Had to pause development to deal with security issues in v3 for a moment. :D
chilly

Post by chilly »

Brilliant, many thanks for your reply.

I will keep checking back to see when v4 is released.
hunter-nl

Post by hunter-nl »

Is there any progress since April? In the github E-F-A/V4 has nothing changed in the code for already 5 months.

V3 is not suitable anymore for the current demands today.
TheGr8Wonder

Post by TheGr8Wonder »

EFA v4 is still in the works, however it is still going to be a bit before ready for public testing and RTM.

What components are you deeming as outdated on v3? I understand Pyzor and DCC are outdated, which are about to be fixed, but just curious for other concerns you have with it. If you mean just the CentOS 6.9 it is currently on, then I can fully understand that as well.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Yes, I will be resuming progress on v4. :D

<life> security issues in v3, schooling, work etc. etc. have delayed things </life>
hunter-nl

Post by hunter-nl »

TheGr8Wonder wrote: 16 Aug 2017 17:14 What components are you deeming as outdated on v3? I understand Pyzor and DCC are outdated, which are about to be fixed, but just curious for other concerns you have with it. If you mean just the CentOS 6.9 it is currently on, then I can fully understand that as well.
like IPv6, DMARC, DKIM, up-to-date versions of all components, Postscreen, I8N, CentOS 7.3+ , etc
henk

Post by henk »

Maybe Shawn should setup a paywall or redirect all questions to you, so he could spend some time to work on v4. It's funny, you can pay for bad software and no one complains, but if it's free we start nagging about outdated versions. :naughty: Centos7 is a different world and IPv6 is hardly a showstopper.
Like all good things, it needs time ( and a lot of work) to redesign a complex system. Just imagine life without efa..... :(
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” -Douglas Adams
TheGr8Wonder

Post by TheGr8Wonder »

What I can tell you is that for the next several releases, the goal is to get components up-dated to the latest on v3. Also IPv6, since what was stopping us back then, is no longer an issue (for the most part, but those will be detailed later). The other issues you brought up may make it into v3, for those that need to plan a migration and such to when v4 is released.