Releasing Emails to Exchange 2013

General eFa discussion
james88

Releasing Emails to Exchange 2013

Post by james88 »

Hi All,

I have just began testing EFA on our Hyper-V server. I am really impressed with it so far.

However, I have a small issue. If I release an email that was marked as SPAM by EFA it works as expected. If i try to release the same email again, or an email that was marked as clean I get a message in EFA to say it has been released. But it does not appear in my/users inbox. My Exchange 2013 logs show that it is receiving the email but it doesnt show :?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

James
b19wll

Re: Releasing Emails to Exchange 2013

Post by b19wll »

Hi James

I upgraded to the latest version of EFA and am having the exact same issue as you, although we are running Ex2010. On the EFA version I was using prior to to upgrading I could release any email without problem. Now it seems only spam emails that have been released are being received by exchange, very puzzling?

Cheers

Will
flaitsman

Post by flaitsman »

Sorry for my bad English.

I have this problem too...

I see EventId : DUPLICATEDELIVER in Exchange 2013 message tracking log

Duplicatedeliver event occurs if the sender domain is send email with the same message ID to exchange server. By default the duplicate detection is set to 1 hour and these event after generated by store.
For more information about duplicate detection, please check below article on Exchange team blog:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/ ... 83132.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... erallegacy

I don't want disable this feature in my Exchange 2013 server
Any solution for this?
wilbourne

Post by wilbourne »

Exchange cannot send an ID message twice since exchange 2k10 or more.

The solution in EFA are to choose "alternate recipient".
andreshko.georgiev

Post by andreshko.georgiev »

Hi,

You can create a Transport Rule in Exchange that removes the Message-Id when the message header contains your EFA's postmaster address in X-****-MailScanner-EFA-FROM field. After you remove the ID, a new one is generated that is assigned to the message and the message is delivered to the intended recipient. It will be a little bit harder to track messages if you support bigger organization but for a small one it is a perfect solution that does not bring too much headache.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Can someone try this?

/var/www/html/mailscanner/conf.php

Code: Select all

define('QUARANTINE_USE_SENDMAIL', false);
If greylisting is on, also do this...

Code: Select all

echo 127.0.0.1 | sudo tee -a /etc/sqqlgrey/clients_ip_whitelist.local
This will release the mail as an attachment, which should, in theory, get around this issue.