What do i need to do to recive mails from internet ->efa server -> exchange

General eFa discussion
arojas

What do i need to do to recive mails from internet ->efa server -> exchange

Post by arojas »

Hi maybe my question is a little bit easy but i cant receive mails from internet

i already configure EFA Server (Hyperv) the first config was correct( a little problems with DNS but already solved) i have my domain,i have a 3com tipping point as a firewall, i open the ports, if i direction the mail traffic to the EFA server, my mail server doesnt receive mails, if i put directly the mail traffic to my mail server i start to receive mails, i think i need something to cofigure but a cant find it. :pray:

My configuration:
Ingoing: internet-->Firewall--> Efa Server -->Exchange
Outgoing: User --> Exchange-->firewalla --> Internet

greetings.
Zwabber

Re: What do i need to do to recive mails from internet ->efa server -> exchange

Post by Zwabber »

Sounds like a missing (or misconfigured) receive connector in Exchange
arojas

Post by arojas »

Zwabber wrote:Sounds like a missing (or misconfigured) receive connector in Exchange
Before i Install EFA, works fine, the only thing that i do is redirection all the mail traffic to the EFA(in the firewall), but in the receive connector i have the default rule where all the emails can receive, i have to change something in the connector for permit the entrance of mail from EFA?

greetings..
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

Check your network settings in the receive connector. Does it contain the ip address of your EFA box?
arojas

Post by arojas »

Zwabber wrote:Check your network settings in the receive connector. Does it contain the ip address of your EFA box?
Hi i check the connector, and the ip to receive mail is all ip´s on port 25... :S
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

Is the mail domain added to the Transport settings in EFA?
arojas

Post by arojas »

Zwabber wrote:Is the mail domain added to the Transport settings in EFA?
Hi i already solve the problem, in the firewall when i have the service for smtp in 2 rules it doesnt work i have to eliminate the rule of the mail server and only leave the EFA rule.

Now I have another problem, i start to receive the mails, but not all the mail, pass through the EFA server, many emails are trapped in the Waiting (greylist) and stay for a long time, and some emails are never delivered to my mail server, where i can down the level of the spam i think this is the problem.

Greetings
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

arojas wrote:
Now I have another problem, i start to receive the mails, but not all the mail, pass through the EFA server, many emails are trapped in the Waiting (greylist) and stay for a long time, and some emails are never delivered to my mail server, where i can down the level of the spam i think this is the problem.
Some remote web servers don't try to re-send mail. In those instances, it may be best to disable Greylisting. A better alternative is to use PostScreen, although I still need to do that myself and add it as a configurable feature to EFA.
arojas

Post by arojas »

shawniverson wrote:
arojas wrote:
Some remote web servers don't try to re-send mail. In those instances, it may be best to disable Greylisting. A better alternative is to use PostScreen, although I still need to do that myself and add it as a configurable feature to EFA.

OK, now the Million Question... were i can disable the greylisting :)
Zwabber

Post by Zwabber »

SSH into EFA with user admin en choose option 6
arojas

Post by arojas »

Zwabber wrote:SSH into EFA with user admin en choose option 6

Thxs :)
gonzalezroda

Post by gonzalezroda »

Hello everyone,
Is there any option to release all the emails on the waiting status? If i use the option "Move selected entries to whitelist" a message "query failed" appears.

Regards.