EFA "Outbound" Mode

General eFa discussion
drewmorris

EFA "Outbound" Mode

Post by drewmorris »

One thing I thought would be really nice would be if EFA supported an "Outbound" configuration where it walked the user through setting up the device for outbound scanning, outbound spam filtering, setting up DKIM (including giving the txt record informtion to the user), etc..

Outbound configuration is markedly different so certain spamassassin rules are no longer relevant and should be disabled... some of the ways postfix is configured may need to change and it should provide plenty of flexibility to decide how to treat SPAM once detected.

It could delete high scoring spam and defer regular spam in a manual hold queue, have rules to send suspicious emails through a special "bulk" IP or to a different servers for delivery, etc.

What do people think about this idea?
darky83
Site Admin

Re: EFA "Outbound" Mode

Post by darky83 »

Might be an idea..

Some question like:

For which use case do you want to use this EFA box:
- inbound only
- inbound and outbound
- outbound only

Then configure predefined settings we seems fit for the different usecase's
Version eFa 4.x now available!
drewmorris

Re: EFA "Outbound" Mode

Post by drewmorris »

That would be great because the settings are so different in each case. I have found outbound so much more challenging to deal with lately and it is especially complicated in a gateway scenario where the message does not originate through the EFA server but something behind it (which is my case).

darky83 wrote:Might be an idea..

Some question like:

For which use case do you want to use this EFA box:
- inbound only
- inbound and outbound
- outbound only

Then configure predefined settings we seems fit for the different usecase's