Issue with receiving mail from Facebook

General eFa discussion
MauriceW

Issue with receiving mail from Facebook

Post by MauriceW »

I'm experiencing a strange issue with receiving mail from Facebook.

I'm running a home server and have the mx records for my domain pointing to it. As a backup I use the mail service from DNSMadeEasy (lower priority mx records pointing to their server).

Since a few weeks, the Facebook mail server (mx-out.facebook.com) does not want to deliver mail to my primary mx record anymore, because all the Facebook notification messages are coming in from the DNSMadeEasy servers.

Unfortunately this also means that all Facebook notifications are being marked as spam because of "KAM_FACEBOOKMAIL - Fake or Abused Facebook Mail" which adds 8.00 to the spam score.

Any clues as to why Facebook won't deliver mail to my primary mx record anymore? And is it possible to disable the KAM_FACEBOOKMAIL rule as a workaround?
shawniverson

Re: Issue with receiving mail from Facebook

Post by shawniverson »

Yes, you can add an exception to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

Basically, create a rule KAM_FACEBOOKMAIL and set the score to 0
vondess

Post by vondess »

What fonts are you using on Facebook? I was trying to find a setting to change the font and did not find anything related to it. If you know how to achieve it, please give me an instruction. I need to know how to view it. I know how to change fonts on Instagram but I am completely helpless with Facebook. So I am hoping for your help. Possibly, this feature is not available at all.
Last edited by vondess on 20 Oct 2020 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

MauriceW wrote: 27 Jul 2015 17:25 Any clues as to why Facebook won't deliver mail to my primary mx record anymore? And is it possible to disable the KAM_FACEBOOKMAIL rule as a workaround?
That's a tough one. Without facebook giving you some kind of error, it's hard to guess.

Once test you may consider, as long as you don't mind messing with your mail delivery, is to remove the fallback mx server from DNSMadeEasy and then try to send messages from facebook. Maybe it'll still deliver correctly, or maybe it'll give you some kind of error.

If you are doing this test, I recommend that you set the TTL of your mx records to 300 (5m) first a day or two in advance.

This way when you are done testing, undoing the change should be fairly quick.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

vondess wrote: 19 Oct 2020 04:29 what about fonts?
This seems like a completely random question, and I have no idea what you're asking.