Stoked!!

General eFa discussion
cam

Stoked!!

Post by cam »

Just wanted to say I'm stoked to find this project and would love to assist in testing! Have been running ESVA for probably 18 months and learned of some vulnerabilities and because of the project being dead looking for alternatives! Have EFA implemented already in a test scenario on an ESXi 5 box dumping to Exchange 2010 on SBS 2011 just to check it out. Looks good so far but do have a couple questions and maybe suggestions already too! One thing I've noticed is that it passes all mail to the specified domain. What about only passing mail for the domain per actual users created? Also domain signatures did not seem to apply for e-mails. I know those are a couple of negatives so far but I really like the interface, reporting, ease of use and functionality so far! Thanks for what you're doing and look forward to hopefully being a part of it!
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Stoked!!

Post by darky83 »

What about only passing mail for the domain per actual users created? Also domain signatures did not seem to apply for e-mails
As Datopdog mentioned here: http://forum.efa-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7#p13 there is baruwa addon available to use AD integration (and this checking AD if a user exists)
I tried to get this working but found a few problems so don't expect this to be available very soon but it is coming.

I must say I have never tested the domain signatures, adding that to my todo list :)..

Also note that I have chosen to start with E.F.A with basic functionality in the first releases. I want things to be secure, stable and 'good filtering' first before I start adding 'extra features'.
In my opinion the first release is already a good starting point but security and 'good filtering' still needs some work before I want to start adding extra features.
Version eFa 4.x now available!
datopdog

Re: Stoked!!

Post by datopdog »

The AD integration will not help with this scenario as the user is only created in baruwa when they login. For this you need address verification to check on the exchange server if the address exists on exchange, since you are using postfix you could implement the smf milter http://smf-sav.anw.at/