Domain name not accepted when contains -

Report bugs and workarounds
texnet-it

Domain name not accepted when contains -

Post by texnet-it »

Hi,

I have tried to adding our domain to the EFA server however it looks as though it does not like any domains with a - in the domain name. If i add our domain name which contains a dash and test communication using tenet i get the error Recipient address rejected: Domain not found. However if i then add another domain that does not contain a dash i get 5.5.4 Syntax: RCPT TO:<address>
TO:david@test.com
2.1.5 Ok

So it looks as though there is a bug in the system where you cannot use a domain name that contains a dash which is a shame as would have liked to have used this system. Unless anyone knows of a workaround I don't think i will be able to use this system in our environment?

Thanks

David
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Domain name not accepted when contains -

Post by darky83 »

I use efa-project.org just fine so that should not be an issue :)

But testing from telnet is unreliable do you have the same issue when sending an mail from an different mail server?
Version eFa 4.x now available!
texnet-it

Re: Domain name not accepted when contains -

Post by texnet-it »

Hi,

Yes the mail never arrives to the server it just sits until i take the EFA server out of the loop then the email goes through ok.

When i added another domain that we use that does not contain the - the mail was accepted by the EFA server both on telnet and sent from external server

Thanks

David