Scanner won't initialize

Report bugs and workarounds
scarpenter

Scanner won't initialize

Post by scarpenter »

After installing and going through the initial setup on the VM, everything seem to work except that when I go to Scanners the scanner there shows a red dot and says Initialize. When I click on it, it says it is not itialized and gives me a button to initialize. When I click the button, the message at the top changes to the scanner is initialized and right below that, the scanner is not initialized. What did I miss here?
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Scanner won't initialize

Post by darky83 »

Hi Scarpenter,

This can be ignored,

This feature is not yet available in the baruwa interface. (It would have been more logical if they removed that page in baruwa but somehow they choose to keep it :P)
Currently the setup has to be done using the command line tools, and this is already done in the E.F.A initial configuration script (done after you set the IP settings etc..)

d.
Version eFa 4.x now available!
scarpenter

Post by scarpenter »

OK.
I wanted to change some MailScanner settings. Modifying MailScanner.conf had no effect.
The install sets a random root password for mysql. I manually changed the password so I could check the data. All of the MailScanner settings fields are empty, so where are the settings being kept?
scarpenter

Post by scarpenter »

I see now that I should be looking at Baruwa not MailScanner for these settings. I changed the settings in /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/baruwa.conf and all is good for now.
Thanks for the help and for all the work.