Install fails

Report bugs and workarounds
ge2000

Install fails

Post by ge2000 »

Hi All,

I did a fresh install of Deb 6.06 and setup a fixed ip, created efaadmin and ran build.sh (v0.3) as described in the How-To.

According the howto there supposed to be several questions. I only got twice the MySql question and responded with YES on both. After some time the system reboots.

After the reboot, the network config is gone and nothing works. I've found the last lines of the build.sh script will clear /etc/interfaces. Even after restoring this file still nothing works as expected.

Does anyone has any ideas where to start to solve the installation issue?

Kind regards,
Ge
The Netherlands
darky83
Site Admin

Re: Install fails

Post by darky83 »

Hi Ge,

I guess that EFA-Init did not run at first boot after the installation.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/sbin/EFA-Init
I also found the issue in the new build script I did a chmod 700 EFA-init instead of chmod 700 EFA-Init (capital I).
I updated the build script for 0.3 and you should be able to fix this by running EFA-Init manually as root one time:

chmod 700 /usr/local/sbin/EFA-Init
/usr/local/sbin/EFA-Init
Version eFa 4.x now available!
ge2000

Post by ge2000 »

Indeed, I just +x the script which failed to execute. The install continues. After the restart apache2 fails to start with:

root@efa1:/var/log/apache2# service apache2 start
Starting web server: apache2Syntax error on line 13 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/baruwa:
WSGIPythonWarnings cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
 failed!
I moved the 2 WSGI lines to outside and just above <VirtualHost>. Now apache starts ok.

When I login there are no domains and other config items so before asking questions I will first start to read the documentation. :)

Thanks for your reply!

--Ge
ge2000

Post by ge2000 »

ok, back again after doing some reading. Still no luck in getting the appliance ready.

Just a question. Is there an additional interface for configuring EFA e.g. Webmin? Through the webinterface I'm only able to add a user, nothing more. The domains tab is empty and there is no option to add a domain. I tried to add a seperate user with domain rights but logged in through that user the domains option is missing at all.

Maybe I'm too much comparing with ESVA and jumpin in too early in your project. But sofar there isn't going any mail in or out.

--Ge
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Hi Ge,

See this page: http://www.efa-project.org/faq/howto-configuration/

It can not be really compared to ESVA, as ESVA used mailwatch as a webinterface for 'viewing' mostly and webmin/console for all the configuration items.
With EFA I use Baruwa, the advantage of Baruwa is that most of the configuration needed for spam filtering is done through the webinterface (for example adding/removing domains)

So you will need to create a new user that is a domain admin (first create the new user and then modify the access right of that user to domain admin)
If you follow the page above you should be able to create a few domains for which the system will accept mail.

Postfix looks for the domains it accepts to the mysql DB, (compared to ESVA that looked to the /etc/postfix/transport file) inside Baruwa the domain admin can populate this table in the DB.
Baruwa is a bit different then mailwatch/ESVA, when I started this project I had the choice between baruwa and mailwatch, after looking into baruwa it is actually a pretty nice system when you get used to it (but you need to understand a bit how it works which takes a few moments :geek: )

I'll look into the apache issue, I had this a few times during testing also, it seems that somehow the baruwa installations sometimes adds the pythonwarning option but most of the time it does not :shock:.. maybe I should just play save and write a complete new apache config file at the initial config..
d.
ge2000

Post by ge2000 »

Thanks for your answer! RTFM, I always tell my users... The last step about adding domains I forgot :oops:

I've seen Baruwa 2.0 has a lot of extras and what really pleases me is that is uses a real database! Things can only go better from here.

The coming days/weeks I will do some more testing and keep you posted on the results.

--Ge
perforator

Post by perforator »

Hello!
Everything is looking fine except for that one domain is rejected.
I have added the second domain in the web-interface but it doesn't do any difference??
I see that the Postfix transport map is moved into mysql and Baruwa is handling it, I assume.
What can I do to get this rolling?

Best regards
Erik
darky83
Site Admin

Post by darky83 »

Hi Erik,

Can you post the last part of /var/log/mail.log ?

And yes you are right, baruwa places the domain config in mysql which is read by postfix.

d.