EFA is not processing all mail

Bugs in eFa 4
francity

EFA is not processing all mail

Post by francity »

Hello.

My firewall is configured to forward SMTP to my eFa, which then processes and forwards to Exchange. However, it appears that all of the mail is not being processed by eFa. I cannot say how long this has been occurring, except that yesterday morning, I was expecting a message at about 06:05 am (which was CC'ed to my gmail account). The CC arrived at gmail at 06:10 am, however, the original did not arrive in Exchange.

I reviewed the log on my firewall, and realized that the issue appears to be larger than I thought, and not isolated to a single missing mail item. My 06:05 mail was not the only one I was missing from eFa. According to the firewall log, there were at least six (6) other messages which were not processed by eFa. Between 05:39 am and 07:47 am, only four (4) of 11 messages were processed by eFa (it appears that my 06:05 message tried on four (4) other occasions to deliver, between 06:19 am and 06:36 am, and then gave up).

Below, please see an image of the firewall log, showing the times at which mail was received (I have added a column to indicate whether it was processed by eFa), as well as a screenshot of the messages from MailWatch, showing the messages that were processed by eFa.

firewall-log.png
firewall-log.png (37.62 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
mail-redacted.png
mail-redacted.png (16.83 KiB) Viewed 1080 times

Grateful for your assistance on how to resolve this issue.

My config is as follows:

- efa-4.0.4
- MailWatch Version: 1.2.18
- Operating System Version: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
- Postfix Version: 3.5.9
- MailScanner Version: 5.4.2
- ClamAV Version: 0.103.4
- SpamAssassin Version: 3.4.6
- PHP Version: 7.4.26
- MySQL Version: 10.2.30-MariaDB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dale
SelfMan

Re: EFA is not processing all mail

Post by SelfMan »

Hi,
try the same solution as in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4845&p=18134#p18134
It might be a timeout problem.