view content of allowed messages

Bugs in eFa 4
cryptz

view content of allowed messages

Post by cryptz »

I have efa 4 running at my house in a home lab but i do receive email for my personal domains. sometimes I perform maintenance on my storage server and as a result take my mailserver down. It looks like out of the box I cannot view message body of allowed messages in EFA. Is this configurable? I would like to read messages in the admin portal if possible.

At the moment my email servers are offline and i see messages in efa that I would love to be able to read but cannot =)
cryptz

Re: view content of allowed messages

Post by cryptz »

so just wanted to say i am home now and see its possible to view the message. is it blocked if you are remote? i am fairly confident the link to the file was not present when i was on the wan side.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Should be able to see it anywhere you have GUI access.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

examine the url carefully. Is it available externally? Is it blocked by your home firewall?
cryptz

Post by cryptz »

the url is accessible remotely, i dont believe the link was displayed.

I am reviewing the efa appliance now, the links are present, even now when i am remote. Taking a step back, when i initially reported the issue my exchange server was down because i was patching the storage array.

Is it possible that a message that is deemed clean, but not able to be delivered because the destination server is down (ie queued) doesnt show up with a message path?

I believe the "path to message" field was unpopulated in that scenario.
pdwalker

Post by pdwalker »

I don't have enough information to debug your problem.

Simply put - if you can view the message internally, then you should be able to view the message externally - unless the request to pull the message view is using a non external url.