eFa-Init does not fail gracefully

Bugs in eFa 4
Daniel Beardsmore

eFa-Init does not fail gracefully

Post by Daniel Beardsmore »

Clean installation onto CentOS 7 Minimal with:

Code: Select all

curl -sSL https://install.efa-project.org | bash
Something is wrong with sqlgrey. (I don’t even want it — I may have to find some way to throw it away as it doesn’t work and it doesn’t know why.) I am going to ignore all those errors and warnings as they should be nothing to do with me …

The problem is that this causes eFa-Init to terminate, losing all your settings. After tediously entering them all, I see that I have to enter them all over again, every time I attempt to get it to proceed far enough through the process to actually save them. The settings should be committed first, and/or starting sqlgrey should not terminate the setup process.

There are also no instructions given about the manner in which one should “please try again” — try what? I can see that rebooting works, though, but I still have to re-enter every setting from scratch (except keyboard layout).

As for sqlgrey, something timed out doing something to something with something. Somehow.
Attachments
sqlgrey death.png
sqlgrey death.png (43.87 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
Daniel Beardsmore

Re: eFa-Init does not fail gracefully

Incidentally it appears that the configuration is stored in /etc/eFa, so this means that eFa-Init could re-read these values as defaults next time, even going so far as to skip the wizard entirely and just proceed to the final checklist mode.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

The problem is your build is incomplete. The eFa-base rpm package likely failed to install.

The repository is broken at the moment. I'm trying to get in contact with darky83 regarding this so we can get it resolved.
Daniel Beardsmore

I’m not so sure — it all seems to have installed correctly without errors. Repo broken or not, the init script should still give instructions on how to re-run it, and it should still re-read previous values on a subsequent invocation.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Updating issue list.