eFa 4 - No LDAP Support in Postfix?

Bugs in eFa 4
BLinz

eFa 4 - No LDAP Support in Postfix?

Post by BLinz »

as i can see eFa 4 using not the postfix-package from the Centos Repository.

I was trying to activate the LDAP Check in postfix (i am using with eFa 3) but i got the error

Code: Select all

/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: query_filter=(|(mail=%s)(proxyAddresses=smtp:%s))
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: bind=yes
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: bind_pw=xxxxxx
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: version=3
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: bind_dn=CN=xxxx,OU=xxxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxx
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: server_host=10.100.12.50
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: result_format=OK
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: leaf_result_attribute=mail
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_relay_recipient_maps.cf: unused parameter: search_base=DC=xxx, DC=xxx
so i think that postfix have no LDAP support?

There is an extra package for Postfix from CentOS repositories:

postfix32u-ldap
but no

postfix32u_eFa-ldap
or i am doing something wrong/have to change with this postfix version? i read some docs about postfix+ldap i think nothing changed

Best Regards,
BLinz
shawniverson

Re: eFa 4 - No LDAP Support in Postfix?

Post by shawniverson »

postfix is compiled with ldap support in eFa4, I believe.
kris240376

Post by kris240376 »

I'm trying to port a config which is known to work from 3.0.2.6 and can confirm. LDAP support is missing from eFa Postfix.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Confirmed that LDAP support is compiled properly in the eFa postfix rpm, but external libraries are required.

Try installing openldap packages to see if library requirements get satisfied.
kris240376

Post by kris240376 »

The openldap package is installed but the m4 package is not.

I looked a bit at what can cause this and it seems that this problem can crop up if the machine that the postfix package was built on doesn't have the m4 package <http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/LD ... 91375.html>.
shawniverson

Post by shawniverson »

Good info, I will rebuild with m4 installed.
kris240376

Post by kris240376 »

I noticed that there was a rebuild of the postfix-efa package and decided to try my LDAP config again and it works. Thanks for the quick turn around on this.