Whitelisting ... doesn't seem to do anything

Testing of eFa 4
DavidRa

Whitelisting ... doesn't seem to do anything

Post by DavidRa » 20 May 2019 08:11

1) I downloaded the official latest CentOS 7 ISO on 18 Apr from centos.org and checked its integrity
2) I created a virtual machine on Hyper-V with 4 CPUS, 8GB, Synthetic NIC, IDE for storage (Generation 1 - BIOS mode)
3) I have DHCP available on my instance's network and the instance can reach the Internet, and the instance can resolve DNS properly (and it's configured with a static IP and static NAT for production-ish use)
4) I followed the instructions at https://github.com/E-F-A/v4/blob/master/BUILDING and followed the section "Building using kickstart and official repositories for testing"
5) The build had no errors
6) The install rebooted
7) I am using Chrome on Server 2016, and here is a description, of what is happening when I wait for test emails:

I have enabled whitelisting for the following sender/recipient pairs: The whitelist entries appear in the MailWatch UI under Black and White Lists > Whitelist, as expected. There do not appear to be entries related to this sender, this recipient or a combination of parts in the black list.

When recipient@example.com receives an email from sender@example.org, it is not marked as whitelisted in the Recent Messages view (the outcome is generally Clean, but I'm doing this because there are legitimate emails being blocked with scores >10 and the customer has requested to just whitelist for now).

I need to figure out a way to properly whitelist by domain AND by individual address - and right now it doesn't work.

In case it's relevant - I have another site with v3, and it's behaving the same way there, so it might not be specifically v4 related.

shawniverson

Re: Whitelisting ... doesn't seem to do anything

Post by shawniverson » 20 May 2019 13:49

Wildcards cannot be used in mailscanner whitelists. You want to just enter the portion of the email address or domain that you want to block.
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC3 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!

shawniverson

Post by shawniverson » 20 May 2019 13:50

Also, use the special keyword "default" instead of *
Version eFa 4.0.0 RC3 now available in testing repo. Come join us in advancing eFa!

DavidRa

Post by DavidRa » 21 May 2019 01:43

Do you mean I can enter "@example.org" on the whitelist (not the blacklist - we're trying to allow, not block!) and it will match all senders from that domain? Or do you mean default@example.org?