Efa-Configure - IP Settings - Domain Name change doesn't apply correctly

Bugs in eFa 4
Post Reply
9swampy
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Dec 2017 12:32

Efa-Configure - IP Settings - Domain Name change doesn't apply correctly

Post by 9swampy » 01 Aug 2020 13:04

Hi,

New install; when i installed I used internal host.domain.local as the machine name.
MxToolbox complains in the SMTP Banner Check; host.domain.local - obviously that won't resolve as it's internal only.

Code: Select all

220 host.domain.local ESMTP Postfix [1307 ms]
EHLO keeper-us-east-1b.mxtoolbox.com
250-host.domain.local
Using Webmin I changed Hostname and DNS Client - Hostname to host.domain.com.

MxToolbox was happy, everything seemed to be working fine... except MailScanner for MailWatch gives php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed instead of the Quarantine section.

I found a similar issue already reported:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1091&p=3618&hilit= ... sses#p3618

I reverted via Webmin back to the original config. MailScanner Quarantine works correctly again.

As similar issue suggested I tried using Efa-Configure - IP Settings - Domain Name to change 14 from domain.local to domain.com.
Current and Proposed lists as expected.
I enter "y" to apply.
Response comes back "All done" - no errors.
Press ENTER to continue... and the Efa-Configure reverts to the old setting. The new setting I attempted to set disappears! MailScanner continues to work but MxToolbox is still unhappy.

How do i change my Host domain correctly? I'm keen to use the Efa-Configure method to do this "properly", especially given the fix put in for https://github.com/E-F-A/v3/issues/195 subsequent to the prior (simliar) report.

Update half an hour later
Isn't a fix per-se but just noticed mails that had come in while the name was changed (via Webmin) and before setting it back (via Webmin) correctly display the Quarantine section if I reapply the via Webmin change... so maybe I can just live with the old message previously received not working quite right - everything new will be fine? Any alarm bells ringing or suggestions for things to be checking to see if all (in future) really should be fine?

Looking at the code on GitHub
I'm not sure what eFa-Configure is written in but
https://github.com/E-F-A/v4/blob/master ... ipsettings captures the input, but when (y) is selected it calls https://github.com/E-F-A/v4/blob/master ... ipsettings and the first thing that does is

Code: Select all

  # Grab current FQDN
  HOSTNAME="`cat /etc/eFa/eFa-Config | grep HOSTNAME | sed 's/.*://'`"
  DOMAINNAME="`cat /etc/eFa/eFa-Config | grep DOMAINNAME | sed 's/.*://'`"
...and then proceeds to happily write that old re-retrieved value back out to the hosts file ignoring the proposed change. I don't see anything further down the func_setipsettings that could possibly be applying the change proposed to DOMAINNAME (but i'm not familiar with the language/environment...) and it certainly is missing from the

Code: Select all

# Write change to EFA-Config
at the bottom.


User avatar
shawniverson
Posts: 3122
Joined: 13 Jan 2014 23:30
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Contact:

Re: Efa-Configure - IP Settings - Domain Name change doesn't apply correctly

Post by shawniverson » 02 Aug 2020 18:03

I see what is wrong...merging func_sethostname into new functions
Version eFa 4.0.2 now available!

User avatar
shawniverson
Posts: 3122
Joined: 13 Jan 2014 23:30
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Contact:

Re: Efa-Configure - IP Settings - Domain Name change doesn't apply correctly

Post by shawniverson » 02 Aug 2020 21:03

Fixed, tested, and on its way out via yum
Version eFa 4.0.2 now available!

Post Reply